World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The river is fishing well now with very nice size whitlings caught everywhere.Boats out in the main channels catching 4-5lbs codlings.Wales is best for codlings at the moment plus the odd late bass.

I

·
0 Posts
does anyone answer anything from mersyside ?the board is very quiet all the time yeh.iwantacod ....

·
One Life - Fish it!
5,009 Posts
Nice cod mate! :D

The England board has always been quiet. Many people have said they don't post because they don't want to give marks away...you don't have to, just be general about where you caught. There are just as many lads from England registered on here as there are from Wales, yet the Welsh board gets many, many more postings than the England board, even the Scotland board has more and we have little overall users from Scotland.

There is nothing to be afraid of, get posting!

I

·
0 Posts
hi good brace of cod there in the pics eh?made me jealous now.my son is up in liverpool uni and we were thinking about a mark to fish does anyone fish the docks?or up southport way maybe?as i am from south wales i know a bit of formby and up that way but are there any good places else where it's not too far from my son's uni...

·
Registered
83 Posts
some excellent venues both sides of the Mersey, quite a few of our members from our forum are student at JMU with two lads from Thailand!
It's getting a little quieter in the River as the Cod begin to move out, still plenty of dabs and small codling ( 3lb) with the larger fish being caught on the charter boats in the river .

It's so good to see how clean the river is now, compared to 10 years ago
e-mail me for latest info on the Mersey area

http://www.castandcatch.com/jensen3.jpg
http://www.castandcatch.com/jensen4.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shoreangling will be helping with this match with food and hot drinks...Please support this event and help others rebuild the damages the tsunmai has done..
[link]

·
Registered
83 Posts
Here's a few more fish from the Crosby area we had a couple of 3lb codling a few more over 2.5lb, flounder and rockling, all in 2.5 hrs, the whiting are all but gone, but still plenty of codling on the right tides;)

Anyone wanting to fish the area please feel free to get in touch with me, as there's always someone from our Fish4Fun group out and about

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts