World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the board although I have been stalking you for quit some time! Fished the mouth of the neath for the first time last weekend and got to schoolies......anyone fish there regular and have any advice re tides rigs and baits etc.? I was plugging on the west (swansea side) at low looks as if you need your wits about you 'cause of the sandbars and gullies etc. How does the other side fish an d can you reasonably access it fronm Aber? Cheers bizcit

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Hi m8 and welcome to the forum. Don't know your area but just about anywhere on the Severn estuary can be dodgy due to the high rise and fall of the tide

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Hi m8 welcome to WSF,
You can access Neath river from Aberavon park on road by Naval club and travel light about 20 min's walk and you are there, watch the gully in between the river and beach as it back fills from the river and watch the fish running through there on the flood.
Razor Maddies and lug are best some crab cocktailed with rag as well.
11.6m tide for best results

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers for the info jonboy. does the backfilling gully drop behind that breakwater on the aber side? by the look of it it gets covered for three quaters of its length any way.....is it possible to fish of that into the river and do you mean that it gets cut off from the aber beach side? lots of q's I know but better safe t han sorry! bizcit

·
Registered
300 Posts
fish crab on the bottom, small to medium tides plus dont fish it after rain

1 - 6 of 6 Posts