World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished the ribble from 1.15 today to 3pm (managed to shake the family off for a bit) anf fished at the back of 'trax' on the ribble and caught 8 flounder. all fish were good sized and returned alive (as always with me) and all took mackeral bait. it was the only bait i had. h/w was around 1.40pm and i caught 4 in 15mins before then and 4 after. missed a couple of bites and the fish seemed to be biting hard today. :)

so if your after a confidence booster, then the ribble's the place to go. :clap3:

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
fished the ribble from 1.15 today to 3pm (managed to shake the family off for a bit) anf fished at the back of 'trax' on the ribble and caught 8 flounder. all fish were good sized and returned alive (as always with me) and all took mackeral bait. it was the only bait i had. h/w was around 1.40pm and i caught 4 in 15mins before then and 4 after. missed a couple of bites and the fish seemed to be biting hard today. :)

so if your after a confidence booster, then the ribble's the place to go. :clap3:

good report roofer

its always worked well for me as well matey

tightlines............................daz

·
Registered
285 Posts
Nice one roofer. Have u ever caught any other species there? (Apart from eels)

Last year I caught a couple of plaice not to far downstream from there on the Penwortham side.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
eels, flounder and keep-able whiting in the winter is all ive had. seen bass and another fish i told was a chubb, but i wasnt sure, caught there, but alas, nothing else. its only 10mins from my house, so i enjoy getting out when i can.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
eels, flounder and keep-able whiting in the winter is all ive had. seen bass and another fish i told was a chubb, but i wasnt sure, caught there, but alas, nothing else. its only 10mins from my house, so i enjoy getting out when i can.

i had 2 chub on a 2 hook metal paternoster with garden worms and a beach-caster off the bullnose 2 years back ,
one was 2 to 3 pound the second was 4 to 5 pound i thought they were mullet at first

never heard of bass that far up have had them at lytham {seafield rd } but never any further :unsure:

tightlines...........................daz

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
HI ALL I like to do a bit of muddy bashing at freckleton near to the creek who Anyway i got chatty to a feller who lives on the creek and fishes freck as well He was telling me that he had caught the odd bass there but you had to use peeler Tried it my self last year no luck but hope to try again later this year There are also some nice mullet in the creek but trying to catch them drives you bonkers

·
Registered
285 Posts
Daz: I've caught hundreds of chub out of the tidal Ribble around the Old and Union bridges at Preston in my time. In fact, a guy caught a British record chub there but didn't declare it as he didn't want the place being overrun with anglers.

I was never sure how far downstream the chub go, but I've seen some pretty big shoals of dace not to far from the bullnose!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I fished the same day just a bit further down river. I was in my dads boat just outside the river douglas. in the main river on the southport side. I had 2 good flounders a good eel. I was only there for 2 hours and the weather was great. the bait was freash black tipped with mackeral.cheers Mark

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Hi, I fished the same day just a bit further down river. I was in my dads boat just outside the river douglas. in the main river on the southport side. I had 2 good flounders a good eel. I was only there for 2 hours and the weather was great. the bait was freash black tipped with mackeral.cheers Mark

nice one mark i see you managed to get out on it then :clap3::clap3::clap3:

tightlines..........................daz

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi. moncrieff...know what you mean about those mullet... impossible:giveup:

I used to have moorings down there, felt you could reach over and pick them out of the water because they came up that close.:boat:

Fysherman, we need to sought out a date with "billy no baits" and myself to test out the bait pump, looking forward to the fish&eat:clap3:

I'll drop you a line shortly..

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Hi. moncrieff...know what you mean about those mullet... impossible:giveup:

I used to have moorings down there, felt you could reach over and pick them out of the water because they came up that close.:boat:

Fysherman, we need to sought out a date with "billy no baits" and myself to test out the bait pump, looking forward to the fish&eat:clap3:

I'll drop you a line shortly..

not a problem just let me get this fish n eat out the way and we will sort it out matey :):):)

tightlines...........................daz

·
Registered
285 Posts
Does anyone know what has happened to all the cormorants that used to sit on the old wooden boat mooring about a mile downstream from the Bullnose? (ie. About half a mile upstream from the canal link at Savick Brook)

A few months ago there were between 50 - 70 there and the numbers had been increasing steadily for a few years.

But now they have all gone! I wonder if anyone has been culling them?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi stroller - I was down there a couple of weeks ago walking and I noticed that there were fewer than usual but still quite a few.

Sean

1 - 14 of 14 Posts