World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,

had a few hours fishing for bass in the swale today.pushbiked to the mark not far from conyer creek and then had half hour looking for some crab.the tide was now far enough for me to start fishing as on a big tide like today it dries right off to nothing where i was.

set up me bass rod with a small multi loaded with braid,baited up a 2 hook running ledger trace with ragworm and cast out.straight away the rod was going mental! missed it though,so cast again and within minutes away it was going and i caught 2 small schoolies this time.tried peeler and got nothing on it so i used up the ragworm for the rest of this short trip.

ended up with 6 with one going a 1.5lb i spose.no filleting and releasing going on today just releasing.it was a nice few hours out.got some more peeler,caught a few fish,got a bit more sun on me back and it was enjoyable watching the mullet swimming about and bass (i think) jumping out the water.....dave.

·
Registered
920 Posts
hi dave,
sounds good mate, bet those bass were good fun on light tackle. that swale sounds alright, may have to venture up that way soon.
was gonna try samphire hoe this mornin but couldnt be arsed, went to a bootfair a bit later and got a brand new daiwa powermesh carp rod for 7 quid and a drop net for 2 quid!! result!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Result there Nick. I should get myself to a bootfair as I've not been in a quite a few years, when I last did I picked up a brand new Anchor lamp for 15 quid. Can sometimes pick up a couple of fishing bargins at bootfairs, think I will see when the next big one is down my way.

Could have done with a session today Dave, but too busy packing, moving house tomorrow :yeah:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ya done ok then son down there, fishing getting better at last, i will try and go Wed or Thurs again get a few more codling, had it on the bbq yest !!

Went to Folkstone market today and its all shut down lol, its in the high street now and it is pants was only about 10 stalls, no fishing bargains there should have gone to sunny leysdown instead!

Hope ya got ya DIY hat ready then Tone :unsure:

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Ya done ok then son down there, fishing getting better at last, i will try and go Wed or Thurs again get a few more codling, had it on the bbq yest !!

Went to Folkstone market today and its all shut down lol, its in the high street now and it is pants was only about 10 stalls, no fishing bargains there should have gone to sunny leysdown instead!

No need for DIY mate, its all been done. Lovely house! Need nothing doing to it. Its been a long time coming but i'm finally there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi dave,
sounds good mate, bet those bass were good fun on light tackle. that swale sounds alright, may have to venture up that way soon.
was gonna try samphire hoe this mornin but couldnt be arsed, went to a bootfair a bit later and got a brand new daiwa powermesh carp rod for 7 quid and a drop net for 2 quid!! result!
hi nick,

yeah them bass are alright on light gear.i used that reel i had off of u.it casts that braid really well.let me know when u want to give it a try round this way.

as for the good deal at the booty....your spot on at finding them good deals mate!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

wernt too bad mate.got bleedin sunburnt though and have got that poxy prickly heat now:uhuh: :uhuh: i was only there a few hours anol!

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
wernt too bad mate.got bleedin sunburnt though and have got that poxy prickly heat now:uhuh: :uhuh: i was only there a few hours anol!

Dave where abouts is the swale?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
whop,

it's the river that seperates the mainland from sheppey.goes from queenborough to sea salter....dave.

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
whop,

it's the river that seperates the mainland from sheppey.goes from queenborough to sea salter....dave.

Ah i see, just looking for marks a bit closer to me that i havent fished before. Cheers dave

PS. Next time you go that way drop me a PM mate and ill see if i can tag along if thats ok?

Lee.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no probs lee,

next time will be over the next bank holiday weekend,i'll let u know mate.....dave.

·
Registered
920 Posts
hi dave,
just lucky finding the gear i spose! those carp rods cost a fortune new!

back off up to norfolk tomorow, will text you in the week before saturdays trip! got to use that bloody broom handle of a shakespeare rod as well!!! :yucky:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts