World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i fancied a look up the Wear for a bit of flatty bashing after finishing work after weekend nightshift. So had a few hours kip and gave Mr. Coddy a ring to see if he fancied a shot.

We got there about 12.45 and fished til about 5pm. It started slowly for me, Coddy having 4 fish before i rang to tell the missus i was gonna be late. LOL

Then as soon as the flood started to slow the bites started to come thick and fast. Before i had time to have a pie and a cuppa i had 6 Coalies, only about 6" but canny bites.

I ended up with 12 Coalies and Coddy had 7 Coalies, 2 small Flounder and a nice Plaice around the 3/4 to 1lb mark.

Most of the fish were taken on mackie but one or two on fresh peeler and softies. Couldn't get any raggy this morning or it might have been even better.

A canny day and good crack but "flatty bashing" erm maybe not LOL

I'm sure Coddy will post the pics when he gets them sorted.

·
Registered
280 Posts
cracking report Dave, wish I'd been there. Whereabouts were you fishing?

Tight lines,

Geoff

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cracking report Dave, wish I'd been there. Whereabouts were you fishing?

Tight lines,

Geoff
Hi Geoff, we were at South Hylton, told to go there, by a mate of mine, for flatties. Canny mark for small coalies but not sure about the flatties LOL

·
Registered
280 Posts
Canny distance upstream as well, I'd never have thought of trying there. Looks a nice spot on Coddy's pics.

Tight lines,

Geoff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts