World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Fished Riverside today with"Bottom Feeder" got down to the wall at 10.30, Weather conditions were overcast and windy so we set up our rods , baited up and casted out, within a few minutes my rod was getting a couple of good knocks but never came to much . After that there was no sign of any action for the day . Then at half an hour before high tide the 1st flatfish was caught then as the tide turned another 4 flatfish was landed.
Total ; 5 flatfish
Time Fished ; 10.30 - 15.00
All in All a good day !! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
dabs more like run of the mill flounders for the tay.
what bait were you using
also no bad session , last sun i blanked but my rod tip never stopped going:g:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sultzer ,
Bait was just Herring nothing else , i find that works the best there , also tryed ragworm but no joy,

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Hiya,

The first picture is of a Dab the other four are Flounders :)
o sorry o great 1 :notworthy looked again you're right, i just flicked through pics

Sultzer ,
Bait was just Herring nothing else , i find that works the best there , also tryed ragworm but no joy,
been catching more on the lug this year , also mackerel
no sign of no trout

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
been catching more on the lug this year , also mackerel
no sign of no trout[/QUOTE]

:g: No sign of trout today anyway but will try again

·
Registered
25 Posts
How do they police the permit thing???

We saw a guy with some sort of DCC jacket on, all miked up looking sort of official like but he walked past us, never said a word and continued to walk rite along riverside:busted_co

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Good sesh guys-I tried B/island beach this morning for 3 and a half hours but not even a bite.
March and april can be a bit hit and miss down here though, will probably leave the beach alone for a while and concentrate elsewhere.
Its good to see a mixed variety of fish from the tay though. all i have picked up there are small flounder that you could post a letter with,lol,.
I was using rag,whiterag,+razor this morning but i would have prefered to have been using lugworm.
(well i have to blame something) lol.

Nice pics by the way.....:clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Hope you have a permit :whistling :bleh: :bleh: :bleh:
:doh:me of course , mind you £1 i asked if i can pay in installments
:p
How do they police the permit thing???

We saw a guy with some sort of DCC jacket on, all miked up looking sort of official like but he walked past us, never said a word and continued to walk rite along riverside:busted_co
i do not know but i buy 1 just in case it only covers sea trout & salmon

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:doh:me of course , mind you £1 i asked if i can pay in installments
:p

i do not know but i buy 1 just in case it only covers sea trout & salmon
Where can you get the permits from just incase someone is watching and you land a nice fresh run salmon or sea trout .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts