Registered
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
02/01/05
Riverside Drive Dundee
Weather:Cold Wind
Bait:Mackerel,Squid,
Fish Caught:2

Arrived at wall bloody cold.Tide was fast as it had been snowing more water going in as usual.Slow at first but got a few decent bites then the crabs strated to steal the bait.
Brian got a bite reeled in and lost a eel at wall.
15 mins later i caught my first fish of 2005 a flounder.

Brian caught his first a small whiting.

Here is a close of the monster he caught :D

for all my reports visit my website
sultzer's sea fishing

·
Registered
219 Posts
I always meant to give riverside a try, just can't seem to get away from cod at the moment. Still find it hard to get excited about flatties - although wouldn't mind a sea trout or two. Always used to take my light gear when i was out for razor fish on the big tides always managed a couple but that was down the coast. Maybe one day I will try it, for now I will stick to the cod......I hope anyway.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i catch cod during the summer but i love fishing for sea trout during the winter.flounders just keep you busy.
also caught a 8lb salmon from there a few year back
i am going to arbroath area hopefully sun depending on work

·
Registered
219 Posts
Going to try and get away from cod this summer, I fancy trying more through the west even for doggies etc. Although I would like to try and get out on a few charter boats - last time was Arbroath (bell rock) but that was a good few years ago due to work. I now have more time so will have to try and get back to Arbroath for a bit of boat fishing, although I have no idea what boats are still operating. The problem was always getting the numbers to fill a boat.

Good luck for Sunday..........I will be out over the weekend at some point I think not sure where and when.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was at oban and the doggies came in good numbers.
also take a spinning rod good for mackerel etc.
boat wise from arbroath
girl katherine 2 new skipper - just take a look at my website.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts