Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
24/04/05
Riverside Drive Dundee
Weather: Sunny , Cold Wind
Bait: Mackerel , Boned Kipper
Fish Caught: 3

Arrived at wall started to fish as Brian was not down caught the usual size flounder on first cast.

Brian arrived 20 mins later, Bites were far and few between, I got another flounder 20 mins before high water followed by my 3rd 1 min later.
Brian caught a flounder 5 mins after.

All fish were caught on boned kipper.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi Sultzer,

I have been down to riverside drive a couple times over the past few weeks, not been catching too much though, like yourself the odd flattie. Have the Sea Trout slowed down or is always as hit and miss at this time of year? I am thinking of heading up to Lunan Bay this Sunday for a late afternoon/evening session. Has anyone tried there recently? Should I stick to macky strips, maybe some squid? Or are worms better there for the flatties.

Cheers,

Shad.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the run is now finished but you still get the odd sea trout.
best to use worms m8 but tip them off with mackerel.
do not know much about venues up there.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Fished Lunman Bay and St Cyrus a few times last year. St Cyrus was the better of the two for flaties and a sole. Lunan bay only ever had small flatties. Used hearing, mackeral strips and worm at all locatrions only ever caught on fish strips. Good luck

·
Registered
112 Posts
Alright sandi...

Thanks for that, I've got plenty macky in the freezer so I might just stick with that and see how I get on. Are there any particular marks I should be heading for at St Cyrus? I haven't ever been there before.

Cheers,

Shad.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Sultz,

Question for ya....have you or any of the lads up in your area ever tryed fishing for the flatties with a garden worm ? couple of years back I used to fish the Earn and Tay for Salmon/Sea Trout have been know to drown the odd worm in my search for them......end result was usualy a flattie though. I have seen flounder to 2lb caught up as far as Auchterarder.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks again sandi, I will go on Sunday and report back the result!

Hey bigdunny,

My mate and I used to fish mostly off the harbour piers at Broughty Ferry when we were off school. We used to go with garden worms a lot as they were easier to find and the fish used to daft for them, especially the coalies and small cod - needed three to four on a hook though. With light gear it was good fun!! Don't remember them being particularly good for flatties though. Probably had more to do with the terrain though.

Cheers,

Shad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts