Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
25/06/07
Riverside Drive , Dundee
Weather: Fair , slight wind
Bait: Herring , Peeler
Fish Caught: 10

Arranged to meet at wall at 4 pm with Brain who asked to go today , but needed to get a new washing first so he had the bait , arrived down there 20 mins late no sign he turned up a hour late as usual with the same excuse a long story.
First cast a small flounder for me followed by another second cast.
Bites were coming every cast but bait was being ripped off caught another flounder about 15mins later followed by another,Brian still had no fish nor bite then his son caught a flounder just under a pound away to take a pic and my batteries were dead i charged them up night before " kids with gameboys took em" , his son caught another a few mins later.
Brian finally had a bite a double hitter , then i caught a small flounder, then everything went quiet over high water soon as the tide started to move bites started but no luck Brian caught the last flounder at the death.
Most of the flounders were caught on herring as Brian froze the peeler whole.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
can this spot be fished all the time or do you have to wait on the tide ? as i have noticed crossing the bridge a couple of times the sandbanks exposed .thinking of trying alond there this week what would you recomend for rigs and bait and what times does it fish best e.g high tide low tide any info would help thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can fish dundee side 2-3 hrs before high water and after , fife side you can fish it all the way if you want in places watching tide of course just in case you get cut off " the tay is a unforgiving river"
rigs usual 2 hooks will do
bait ragworm , peeler , herring mackerel

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Sultz, was having a weelooksee, as i drove over the bridge yesterday, is riverside drive on the left as you come into Dundee, looks a nice spot for some Flattie bashing. might come up an join ya next w/end :D

p.s whats the parking like ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts