Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
28/04/07
Riverside Drive Dundee
Bait:Mackerel
Weather; sunny light winds
Fish caught: 2

Arrived at wall after finishing some OT at work.Brian was there already fishing.
I just started to setup when he caught a flounder average sized previous to this he was only getting crabs.
Then i just casted out when he caught his second a good sized flounder.

I did manage a few decent bites but still blanked , Brian continued to catch crab after crab.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
That is a cracker of a flounder, nice one. To beat the crabs, I use crab bait, for some reason they do not seem to be cannibalistic, at least for a good while. Like you, if I use worm or fish baits, the crabs are onto it in seconds, yet the peeler bait they tend to ignore. Not saying that crab is a better bait in an area where crabs are not active, but when they are in plague proportions, crab bait can do the trick.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a cracker of a flounder, nice one. To beat the crabs, I use crab bait, for some reason they do not seem to be cannibalistic, at least for a good while. Like you, if I use worm or fish baits, the crabs are onto it in seconds, yet the peeler bait they tend to ignore. Not saying that crab is a better bait in an area where crabs are not active, but when they are in plague proportions, crab bait can do the trick.
yes we use peelers as well but they are thin on the ground nowadays. prices are a joke as well unless you buy in bulk

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Biggest Ive seen at Riverside - well done !!!!!

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
top flounder brian that is a lovely size unlucky on the blank sultzer better luck at etive eh:notworthy :notworthy

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Lovely flattie-Well done on that one, not to worry about the blank as it happens to us all.
Hope you catch next time sultzer...

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
top flounder brian that is a lovely size unlucky on the blank sultzer better luck at etive eh:notworthy :notworthy
yes unlucky but we see if i can do better at etive :g:

blimey thats gotta be biggest flattie ive ever seen from tay well done
Biggest Ive seen at Riverside - well done !!!!!
Was just thinking the same Ade :blink:
Well done Brian :clap3:
did you no see him in pic stretching it to make it bigger ???it was only 2cm when he caught it :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
432 Posts
yes unlucky but we see if i can do better at etive :g:

did you no see him in pic stretching it to make it bigger ???it was only 2cm when he caught it :lmao: :lmao:
jay just read wat you posted, there getting better. lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts