World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

baits used lug and mackie

drove up to tayport and was going to goto tentsmuir to fish the beach, but with no info i decided to give it a miss for now.so plan b was riverside drive.

set up the gear and baited up,tried a short cast on both rods to start with.had no takes after half an hour so lifted one of the rods up to bring in and rebait.i had caught my first fish without knowing it. c first jpg

rather small i know.

rebaited and cast out .by this time the tide was on the flood and there was alot of weed flowing by ,every couple of minutes i was bringing a rod in to clear the line.then i caught this . second jpg

again i never new it was on .

the tide slowed down as it neared high water so i thought time to try for distance. then i caught my 3rd fish. 3rd jpg

little bit bigger this time .

a couple of minutes later i had a good bite and thought i was going to catch my first seatrout at this venue.so i reeled in and caught this my 4rth fish. no 4 jpg

a nice little wrasse around 10 inches long . anyway it was a bit on the slow side today but there was a seal going up and down the water which i am sure didnt help.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
nice 1 m8, lol an there was me waiting with baited breath on the tentsmuir report :rolleyes: hehe next time bud :D

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks sultzer and yeah big dunny it was just a wee bit far to walk ,will take the bike with me next time . :)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
yeah tell me bout it ! I just about s*** meself other day when I got to Goswick beach.......effin miles o sand, in the way off distance you could see the sea :( needed an ironlung afetr that treck :p

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
I've caught a few postage stamp flatties in the tay myself lately. Seems to be the norm as reguarding size, although, i was getting a bit bigger fish over the bridge at Wormit last time out.
Well done m8 :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts