World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Riverside Discovery point 11:50 to 18:00, Tide LT=09:57 HT 16:15, Bait mackie,bluey,lugworm,ragworm. Weather a bit of a wind dry, Water calm.
Well there was a DSC00321.JPG DSC00296.JPG DSC00324.JPG bit more wind than i expected weatherman wrong again. It wasn't long before i was into my first flounder it didn't take long to get next one either. The fish were coming pretty quick then slowed down part of the way through the tide, but i still continued to catch. The main trouble was weed some big stuff to start then into the smaller crap this lasted most of the sesh until near high tide. Once the tide turned it all came back down river and had to give up with gear getting pulled down river.
All the fish caught today were flounders not of any great size with the odd crab thrown in for good measure. The best bait for today was lug again and ragworm. Had a visit from the jetski guys they came in close i shouted to them and pointed out into the river, think they got the message as they moved down to near the V&A. I was surprised there was no one else fishing down there today, maybe anglers up by cafe but I don't know.
Total catch 9 flounder and a few crabs and quite a bit on weed. I thought i might get more fish after the sesh over at Wormit but i never got down as early as i would have like about an hour and a half before low tide.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Enough caught there mike to keep you busy shame about all the weed that’s about
Bert(old yin)
Yipo there was i was hoping there wouldn't be weed around but that was asking for to much i think lol.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Fished Riverside Discovery point 11:50 to 18:00, Tide LT=09:57 HT 16:15, Bait mackie,bluey,lugworm,ragworm. Weather a bit of a wind dry, Water calm.
Well there was a View attachment 1275167 View attachment 1275169 View attachment 1275171 bit more wind than i expected weatherman wrong again. It wasn't long before i was into my first flounder it didn't take long to get next one either. The fish were coming pretty quick then slowed down part of the way through the tide, but i still continued to catch. The main trouble was weed some big stuff to start then into the smaller crap this lasted most of the sesh until near high tide. Once the tide turned it all came back down river and had to give up with gear getting pulled down river.
All the fish caught today were flounders not of any great size with the odd crab thrown in for good measure. The best bait for today was lug again and ragworm. Had a visit from the jetski guys they came in close i shouted to them and pointed out into the river, think they got the message as they moved down to near the V&A. I was surprised there was no one else fishing down there today, maybe anglers up by cafe but I don't know.
Total catch 9 flounder and a few crabs and quite a bit on weed. I thought i might get more fish after the sesh over at Wormit but i never got down as early as i would have like about an hour and a half before low tide.
Well there was a View attachment 1275167 View attachment 1275169 View attachment 1275171 bit more wind than i expected weatherman wrong again. It wasn't long before i was into my first flounder it didn't take long to get next one either. The fish were coming pretty quick then slowed down part of the way through the tide, but i still continued to catch. The main trouble was weed some big stuff to start then into the smaller crap this lasted most of the sesh until near high tide. Once the tide turned it all came back down river and had to give up with gear getting pulled down river.
Is it right that I heard most flounder have their right eye upwards and it is quite rare to have a left eye upwards or was this just another one of these mental dreams I keep having? lol

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it right that I heard most flounder have their right eye upwards and it is quite rare to have a left eye upwards or was this just another one of these mental dreams I keep having? lol
I have never heard that, but there eyes are normally on the upermost side of the right. you do sometimes get them with eyes on the left but not very often.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts