World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished by the bridge monument. Fished 13:30 to 18:30, Tide LT=15:11 HT=21:40, Bait mackie,bluey,squid. Weather calm, raining all day and water flat and dirty.
Well never been out for ages and not this year yet normally my first sesh of the year is on the first but due to work overload couldn't manage that so i landed up here. I first went and got myself my fishing permit have not had a chance to get that till now. So the fishing well first cast got me my first fish of the year a wee flounder i had to wait an hour and a half before i seen any other action a small sea trout this time. I was getting a bit of weed on the line that small stuff that clings to your line. Around 3/4 of an hour later ended up bring in a double of small flounders, this was never gonna be the sesh i was expecting at this time. Around 25 minutes later pulled in another flounder to be followed a short while later by another. By this time the tide was well on the turn at low tide the weed died down a bit but now with the incoming tide the weed was coming back with a vengeance, i managed another small flounder after this i had had enough after casting close in and far out with the same resulting weed i gave up.Mackie was the bait for the day with nearly all but 1 flounder caught on it. So not a great sesh but at least it got my year of to a start, i'm looking forward to a busy year not going away till sept so will be able to get into some summer species this year unlike last.
My catch Flounder 6, Sea trout 1.

My first fish of the year a flounder.

A small sea trout

A duo of flounders

Another flounder with what seems to be marks of a net.

Info..Just as an add on concerning fishing permit for riverside...There is an additional letter with permit which states...
It should be noted that we have received fewer returns than normal recently, and anyone who fails to return the requisite information will have this recorded on their file and may be refused any further applications for a permit.
You are meant to return form with all salmon and sea trout/trout catches on it to Dundee council where you buy permit, if you don't you may not be permitted to get another permit is basically what it means.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I didn't know a permit was required for that part of the Tay - although it kinda makes sense when you think about it - definitely something to file under useful info! Well done on getting 2016 underway... great report and not a bad catch either!

Tight lines
DJL

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Hi Mike hope all is well guid wee sesh and i have enjoyed watchin yer vids on youtube last year, some quality sessions, been oot of action last 10 months due to injury but should be back in another 2 or 3 months, thanks for heads up ref permit, cheers the noo and tight lines John

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Djl Some parts on the Fife side is doesn't cover due to not knowing who actually owns parts of that side of coastline.

Thanks for that John, sorry to hear about your injury hope to see you out and about again once your back at it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Decent session for this time of year @ that mark. Since you're the first person I know fishing the Tay to have bought this years permit, care to tell us what it will cost for 2016?
I don't want to start the usual forum bulls**t about why buy a permit, what do you get for that money etc... just wondered if it had increased from last year :)

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
:eek: So it's now compulsory to have a permit for flounder fishing?

Had the old "returns" bit with the Eden wildfowling permit, after that lost ground to shoot on, were denied access to the foreshore and had the estuary divided up into "zones" to enable "management". Now with firearms you are generally expecting to be compliant [less you use your ticket] but the whole idea of waterfront fishing is lighthearted carefree fun...

https://www.dundeecity.gov.uk/a2z/fishingpermits

Fishing Permits
Permits are required for the Tay Estuary at Dundee if you intend to catch salmon and sea trout. The permit costs £17 per year and applies to all the estuary shoreline between Invergowrie Burn and the Dighty Water at Barnhill. The fishing season runs from 15th January to 15th October each year. The permits do not apply to the Port Authority area which extends eastwards from the Tay Road Bridge to the Stannergate.

It is a condition of issue of these permits that annual returns of the number of salmon and sea trout caught are reported to the issuing authority. Possession of salmon and sea trout without a valid permit is a statutory offence under the Salmon and Freshwater Fisheries Act (Scotland) (2003). Download the Freshwater Fisheries and the Law in Scotland PDF for more information.

Fishing permits are available from:-

Customer Services
Dundee House, 50 North Lindsay Street
Dundee DD1 1QE
Tel: 01382 433129

rules, rules, rules......

:eek:

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mojocvh...The permit is only for sea trout and salmon, you can fish without a permit for all other species. Mrvb it only went up a £ this year not like last year when it doubled in price. Thanks Andreas can only get better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts