World Sea Fishing Forums banner

x_y_of_z_posts

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished riverside rail bridge. Fished 12:40 to 19:00, Tide LT=13:10 HT=19:47,Bait mackie,bluey,lugworm. Weather light wind,misty,dry chilly, water dirty brown but mainly calm.

After my last few sessions i thought i would try up here hoping that there would be something around. I normally fish 2 hook paternoster but this time i tried 2 up 1 down method on one rod and it paid of for me. Well first cast got me my first fish a nice flounder followed 10 minutes later by another, this was followed by a double of flounder. That meant i reached low tide with 4 flounders more fish than my past 4 sessions put together, good start. Within 20 minutes of low i had myself another flounder this followed by another, then a double with one of the smallest flounders i have caught in ages. This brought my tally at low tide to 11. I had a problem with weed the stuff that clings more than wraps around the line but it came of easily enough most of the time. It got worse with the incoming tide but died away about a couple of hours before the high.

Reeling in again and i felt something heavy i knew it couldn't have been a fish there was no fight or pull back. It turned out to be a codling which came to land but wrapped in amongst it was my other trace that i had lost a bit before on the end of which was another small flounder.It's not often i get my lost traces back so that was good. Another 4 flounders followed including another double. Then another flounder came in along with a blenny which was a nice surprise. My last cast saw me bring up another flounder with another codling. So a good wee sesh with plenty of fish caught and i also dropped a few too with trying to get weed of line and loosing them in the weed on the wall.
Nearly all the fish were caught on mackie,but the codling and blenny were caught on lugworm fresh dug on the bottom hook of the 2 up 1 down set up so may have to use this set up a bit more often.

Total catch Flounder 18, Codling 2, Viviparous Blenny 1,I forgot to take pic of this with card for species hunt that's twice now, Smelt and Blenny. I did make a video of this trip so it will be up once i get it sorted.

My first flounder.

A duo of flounder.

The big and very small of flounder fishing.

My first codling.

A flounder and viviparous blenny.

Flounder and codling duo.

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice one mate. Looking forward to the video.
Thanks, the video is now up on you tube and in fisho's angling page.

Nice session there Peeler. Plenty fish for the camera . Mike.
Thanks Mike i was wondering when i was gonna get a decent catch, yip there sure was fair bit of work putting that one together.

thats a good session mike , won't be long before you are pulling those sea trout in numbers.
cheers rab
Thanks Rab, i'm looking forward to a few trout coming my way. I would normally have had one or two by now.

Auld haunt delivers the goods for you Mike
Yip Burnie, it had to come good eventually and it did just that.

·
Registered
x_posts
Wow some spieces rattled there topman.... All the best bud

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #10
x_y_of_z_posts