World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RIVERSIDE TODAY PRETTY WINDY &FAST TIDE Arrived about 2.30 with (quick strike) the tide was flying in at an alarming rate so you had to cast continually unless you like fishing 2foot from the wall we stayed till about 5.40 never had a touch between us untill i looked round at my rod still yapping to see it give a little knock, hit it and hauled in a wee finnock not the biggest i've had but its the best looking fish i've seen since it ends my run of blanks and saved me a lot of face with the rest of the mates lol :clap2: and was returned to fight another day plus it coughed up a sand eel when it was landed and was wondering if anyone had used them as bait for the sea trout

·
Registered
187 Posts
well done mate thats hopefuly all yer blanks for the year used up canny see it though can u lol. was out with wd40 with the air gun the night he bagged a bunny we have stew tomorrow not had it for years.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
what no pic
the tide will be racing down for a few days yet big tides.
well done on the fish
away down today for a sesh

·
Registered
469 Posts
Well done on catching the trout. I haven't been out for 2 weeks now and I live next to the river!! Must admit haven't used sandeels as bait, but usually tie my flies to immitate sandeels when I flyfish for the sea trout in the summer.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well done for ending your run of blanks(7) ragin ra..hope you can follow it up on sunday when the big boys are there..lol...heres the pic m8(like the sand eel)..looks like a lot of claret on the ground:g: Did you sacrifice it to celebrate or was it Quick Strikes bad week...lol...ps Glad to see the urban hunting producing results Taysider.:busted_co lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
good work fella - sand eels are probably THE best bait for sea trout - pretty hard to get old of fresh ones though! I Will probably be up at either wormit or east lotian at the weekend, so hopefully catch something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts