World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Should be Broad Haven :doh:

After an afternoon of deliberation on where we should fish when the kids depart. There were many suggestion throughout the afternoon Kellogs wanted to fish Druidstone, then I pointed out it would be a nightmare, with the nice weather, we would have kids, surfers, canoeists etc. ploughing into our lines, leading me to get in a strop & wanting to cast 5oz grip leads at them. (I am a nice person really):whistling:
After much persuasion on my part, we ended up on the rocks at Broad Haven. Having not had a lot of luck of late, we decided to arm ourselves with everything we could get our hands on, rag, lug, squid, macky, razor fish, peelers & sandeels.
We set off about 6.30 & finally arrived about7.15 (once we had eventually found the correct path that would lead us to our destination :doh:
2 lads from Milford also seemed to have the same problem finding the path to, so we all arrived at the mark at the same time.
We set up the big guns to target a nice bass, & set about spinning for mackies, coco with a lure & me with feathers, no joy there, there was quite a bit of weed about, so I eventually gave up.
About 2 hours later the 2 guys departed, not before handing us a lovely BBBQ'd hotdog each & 3/4's of a bottle of red wine (many thanks whoever you are) which we drank whilst watching the sun set.
We hadn't had to much of look in until dusk hit, Being that I had given up spinning, I sat & manned the rods, there were repeated hits on both, but neither of us could hook into anything. about 10ish I noticed that coco's rod was bouncing (ooer) He frantically reeled in the spinner & set about trying to hook into what we assumed was a bass. It was bouncing with line being pulled off at an alarming rate.
After about 10 mins, he reeled in our Bass......
Except it wasn't a bass. The characteristic twisting of the body... lead me to think a doggie. But no It wasn't it turned out to be a beautiful smoothie!!!! of around 1.5lb.
What a beautiful fish, coco was elated. His first ever shore caught smoothie! Bless him. Though we are not sure if it is a common or a starry. Not sure if anyone can tell from the pictures.
About half an hour later, (whilst trying to conserve battery power, for our walk back to the car) & not wanting to be outdone by my better half, I reeled in to re-bait, there was quite a bit of weight on the line, so I just presumed it was seaweed. Nope not weed, not a fish. A huge lobster!!! That is now in my fridge ready for tea tonight.

27072008060.jpg 27072008061.jpg 27072008063.jpg 27072008065.jpg 27072008066.jpg

I now have a renewed urge to go fishing again. My apologies for the blurry pictures. Picture number 3 is really blurry sorry. It looks better on my phone.

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
Well done to you both. Great report Queenie . Shame there was no picture of lobster! Hope you enjoyed your tea!

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
well well well you both have surprised me, well done on the STARRY hound, i thought you both only liked pond fishing, mind you, where you were it is a big pond a very big pond lol nice one coco for your first cute hound m8 tight lines

·
Team Rig Maker
19,817 Posts
well done guys good report and coco has got his smoothy :clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well well well you both have surprised me, well done on the STARRY hound, i thought you both only liked pond fishing, mind you, where you were it is a big pond a very big pond lol nice one coco for your first cute hound m8 tight lines
Only went pond fishing due to lack of action on the sea fishing front. & it was mainly to keep the kids amused :whistling:

nice read queenie.
congrats coco on your fish.
well done.
roamer.
Cheers Roamer. I have to at least try to live up to coco's reports

Well done on the lobster!!! bet it'll be lovely

Also well done to Coco on his 1st hound.....looks like starry
Indeed it was, if a tad lively going in to the pan.

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
road haven? lol i want to go there it sounds a cool mark good to start catching again innit and just b4 chessil as well the omens look good andy .ps you sure that was wine they left in that bottle oops..

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
road haven? lol i want to go there it sounds a cool mark good to start catching again innit and just b4 chessil as well the omens look good andy .ps you sure that was wine they left in that bottle oops..
You wouldn't by any chance be taking the proverbial now would you Andy???? :bicycle:It's these school holidays, all my concentration has gone right out the window.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts