World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a short one as I am in pieces after pulling another all nighter for a couple of species of rockling upto 1lb11oz, lots of small bites on big baits with the tide pulsing all night long. Rob managed the target species in the small hours and what a beautiful looking fish it was, stunning markings. I was actually pretty happy with catching my first lobster, I always seems to just get the legs but I finally landed one, I couldn't keep it of course as like the undulates they are stunning to look at though I noticed I have far better handling skills than Rob as each time he touched it, it had a blue fit. Pete popped down too and had 2 crack offs in two chucks, Rob and I were in hysterics and the laughs continued as we talked the night through until daybreak. Its funny how first light is the most beautiful time of the day with nature all around us, the birds singing and all of that fantastic light, but I am only ever able to see it if i'm still awake from the night before. Despite the lack of target fish it was one to remember, I really enjoyed the social aspect of fishing last night/this morning. :)

@pair of danglers @chichesterpete Word of the session: Nifty (circa 1985)

PS. It's the first time I have seen a mouse carry a whole chocolate cookie bigger than itself.

RobbieUn6.jpg

RobbieUn5.jpg

RobbieUn7.jpg

RobbieUn8.jpg

RobbieUn9.jpg

RobbieUn4.jpg

RobbieUn2.jpg

RobbieUn3.jpg
RobbieUn1lobster.jpg

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a good crack Chris, note to self check mags are on before launching a pound of lead n bait! It was "interesting starting work at nine on zero hours sleep".

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a good crack Chris, note to self check mags are on before launching a pound of lead n bait! It was "interesting starting work at nine on zero hours sleep.
I bet... I had a good sleep and still felt trashed, woke up with a head like i'd been drinking brandy. The hours just disappeared on us, one moment it was 9pm and the next it was 6am.

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
That's because working hours are 90mins why they seem to take forever where as sleeping hours are 30 mins why you fall a sleep & then next thing watdaF is that noise ho alarm clock then the pleasure hours are somewhere below a 60 minute hour as don't want you to get to comfy! lol

but great fishing there no hot pot for lobster then?

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Brilliant, I life the pictures of the Rays that you take, they are stunning fish

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really enjoyable session guys even though the fishi never kicked off quite as we thought it might.. God only knows how you got though work today Pete.
The worst of it was that the most important thing I had to do was at 4 in the afternoon. still it was worth it, gonna bring a f---ing Sherpa next time.

Great report shame about the crack offs Pete !!!!!!
Colin, 8oz plus a whole mackerel and leave your mag off ==== crack off!.
Enjoyed my lesson and working on it........ see you for another soon!.

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
The worst of it was that the most important thing I had to do was at 4 in the afternoon. still it was worth it, gonna bring a f---ing Sherpa next time.

Colin, 8oz plus a whole mackerel and leave your mag off ==== crack off!.
Enjoyed my lesson and working on it........ see you for another soon!.

But did you have your right arm straight???? nothing like a bit of right arm straightness for a bit of push/pull!!! lol

Plus the cleaners wondering what da F's is happening to all my brooms/mops? In his office as practice rods! not a light shade/fitting or anything left on the desk after a few mins doing the Chesil cast! lol

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Stunning shots Chris,i remember the social aspect of fishing....twas a while ago now:(......Alan

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Stunning shots Chris,i remember the social aspect of fishing....twas a while ago now:(......Alan
Cheers Al, this was a very comical one but bait ups didn't suffer. The fact we were all fishing so close made it more social. Can't wait to get back out.

Outstanding ,,,gotta love daaaarset,,,o,i do...good fishing boys
Cheers Craig, when are you coming back down?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Great report and pictures as always. I've always fancied rock fishing but getting a decent fish 40ft+ up and down a cliff has always put me off a bit. I might just have to man up and give it a go this year though

Well done mate

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
another great write up with stunning pics, nice going lads. think i had about 6 or 7 single claws before getting my first lobster then had two in two trips. never seen another since !
cheers rab

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great report and pictures as always. I've always fancied rock fishing but getting a decent fish 40ft+ up and down a cliff has always put me off a bit. I might just have to man up and give it a go this year though

Well done mate
Cheers, was Robs night, you should give the rocks a go.

another great write up with stunning pics, nice going lads. think i had about 6 or 7 single claws before getting my first lobster then had two in two trips. never seen another since !
cheers rab
I am in the same, think the skill is nursing the bait back in Rab. Was very happy, but released it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts