World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Forum,

I've got a weekend planned next week at Robin Hoods Bay and planning to get my lines wet. I've never fished this stretch before so can anybody help with likely marks to fish from, baits to use, tackle strength, etc. I'll be taking a beachcaster and a spinning rod.

I've heard of Boggle Hole as being very close (in the bay itself), any identifying marks to know when I'm there ?
I've already done my tide checks but when is a good time as I will also have to keep the missus amused - her tastes run a bit richer than watching me fish so my planning will have to be spot-on.

My next trip will be up at Oban in late September so I really need to make the most of this one as I don't get near the sea often enough.
Any help/advice is welcome.

Regards. Jarvis.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Its roughly 5 minutes from Robin hoods bay to Boggle Hole. You will know when you are there as there is a gap in the cliffs with a road down to the beach(Not accessible). There is a youth hostel next to the stream. The fishing is over low water onto kelp and sand so make sure you time it right and retreat to safety about 2 hours into the flood tide.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Croc, I was wondering why I couldn't find much info, now know it was down to mispelling. Kelp and sand sounds OK to me so I'm hoping to get a couple of low tide sessions in this weekend.
Jarvis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts