World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished a rock mark near to ilfracombe fri night, the end result were two of the biggest doggies i have ever had!

god only knows what it was but i had the gentlest of nods on the rod tip struck into it only have something pull back almost as if it was saying "is that all you got sucker" after a short tug of war my weight got stuck so i gave it the some slack in the hope it would pull the weight free. after about 2 minutes the plan worked the fish went off like a rocket it probally stripped 20yds of line from my reel before i picked my rod from the tripod and reingaged the clutch. this led to another game of tug of war before "crack" you got it line failure.

now i have not heard of any nuclear sub manovures in the area but whatever took my bait definatly had a rocket up its rectum!

all fish and bites came to mackerel bait, squid and king rag didnt even tempt the crabs

·
Registered
996 Posts
Wouldn't it be great to have a little camera on your rig to see what is tsking your bait bait on the huge bites you miss!!!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wouldn't it be great to have a little camera on your rig to see what is tsking your bait bait on the huge bites you miss!!!
i dunno if it would be so great, could you imagine if you saw a 40lb cod swim up take your bait and then you miss the bite. it would just put you off fishing for the rest of your life wouldnt it lol.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Nice one Lee — shame you lost that biggy mate but always better to have had something nice on the line than nothing at all!

Funny what you said about not tempting the crabs — made me realise that I can't remember the last time I either caught one or had probs with baits being stripped. Am I just lucky, using cráp bait, or are there really fewer crabs around? :)

WD, I'm pretty sure this exists! There was a thread on the general forum a few months back.
I don't see the point myself. Next thing, they'll be inventing a robot to go fishing for us while we stay in and watch the footy...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts