World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

Ive been spinning off of the rocks in north devon for the past couple of years with varied success - (a nice bass last week) - but i'd like to get a bit more casting distance using the same spinners and wedges that i have in my box.

Current kit:

Shimano Exage STC Telespin 270 M (Telescopic)
Length (m) 2.70 (9ft)
Casting Weight (g) 10-30
10lb line

usual lures:

18g Tobys
Dexter Wedges

Reel seems to be set up well enough.

I know a lot will be down to technique, but can anyone advise on a rod that may offer me an increased casting distance using my type of lures.

Im thinking it must be down to the rod as much as anything as a mate i fish with uses same lures and very similar technique with a different rod and has at least 10m on me.

I just dont seem to be able to get the bend in the rod!

Any advice appreciated, by tonight would be great as weather and tides are cracking up here!!

cheers

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could i still use my tobys and wedges with the bubble floats? ( i have a couple but usually use with artificial sand eels )

Any suggestions on best rod for tobies on own - do we get into the debate of telescopic (which i use) v's 2 piece etc

cheers for your advice. :)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
sure you can i use them with a 3 - 6ft of line as with an eel... caught many a good mullet on a 10gram mepps

you might find the added weight might give the rod the compression it needs to cast further.... look for a cheapish carp rod ... car boots are good for them..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts