World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , I've just discovered this site and wonder if anybody can recommend a good rod to buy for shore fishing whilst I am here working in Norway.I'm fairly inexperienced at sea fishing having spent most of my time fishing freshwater.
I don't mind how much it costs (within reason) but ideally I'd like to use it from the shore when I'm back in UK as well.
Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi Fogbound,

The first rod I had was 4yrs ago was a Team Daiwa TDSS I paid £120 for it from Veals in Bristol it had a loverly forgiving action and enabled my to develop my casting style in comfort, I would thoroughly recommend it as a first rod.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Garry , I've just found several different models of that rod in an advertisement.I'll see what the difference is between them and take it from there.
Thanks again

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Hi - one thing to bear in mind is the length of the rod when packed for travelling. Certain airlines may have restrictions on the lenth of luggage items. If you're planning to return to the UK by air it might be an idea to check this out with the airline in advance in order to avoid having an awkward problem at the airport as you are just about to leave. As regards posting it back I believe Royal Mail also have a length restriction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts