World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
im looking for 2nd uptider i have the conoflex vampire 11 at the min im looking for something with a bit more action iv been thinking about the zippy sea raider 11 what do you know about them also if i used it as a down tider what would it be like at the side off my penn wave blasters inclass too
it will be used for more general fishing too when trying to keep tackle to a min on small boats
cheers

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
hi
im looking for 2nd uptider i have the conoflex vampire 11 at the min im looking for something with a bit more action iv been thinking about the zippy sea raider 11 what do you know about them also if i used it as a down tider what would it be like at the side off my penn wave blasters inclass too
it will be used for more general fishing too when trying to keep tackle to a min on small boats
cheers
I have the Zzippy. A slim, powerful rod that is very versatile...it will bang a 150g sinker a 100 yards no problem from the beach. It is an excellent rod but i prefer using even lighter uptiders. Look at the Diawa 2-8oz ones if you want some real fun. I have a 20 year old one and it is still the best.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what is it like on the but is the reel seat low down or high up iv seen some photos but it looked more like a boat rod it may have been the wrong photo with the rod info could you send us a pick so i know what im looking at
some one has told me to look at the me shaky ugly stick uptigers too

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
what is it like on the but is the reel seat low down or high up iv seen some photos but it looked more like a boat rod it may have been the wrong photo with the rod info could you send us a pick so i know what im looking at
some one has told me to look at the me shaky ugly stick uptigers too
The reel seat is in the standard position for an uptider....about 2.5 feet from the end of the put. The rod is a full 10ft long with an 18mm butt (i think). Dont get me wrong, it is a great rod, i just prefer the old Diawa's (much smoother on the curve).

Would put pic on but thats one battle i could do without at the moment, still learning!!!!

IMO, if your not interested in Diawa, the Abu Suverans and the Shimano Beastmasters seem next best.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i found a photo of one the one showen on all the websites is off the standared down tider it looks ok i just have to find somewhere that has them in stock to lookat local ish to leeds

G

·
Mark

Have a chat with Stan about the IGFA 6lb class he made for me.
It's a great allrounder.
A little stiff for my normal fishing, but fine as a second rod and with a UK rating of something like 12lb to 16lb class it is fine for all the usual suspects. At any length you want to about 9 feet it casts like a dream and has a good, fairly forgiving, tip action which will see it fine with braid downtide or won't tear the lead out boat casting.
My comments were it's a perfect uptider for up to 4oz comfortably, 5oz OK and a lazy 6oz lob. Great as a Bass or smoothie uptider and perfect for handling bigger fish too. Very light blank so also great to hold all day.

Tom

NB: It is nothing like the same action as the Triology 6lb class, much stiffer in the mid section of the blank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts