World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im just coming back to beach fishing after a long time away and could use some advice on rods, i have a bad shoulder so i can only overhead cast so need something easy to use ill mainly be fishing norfolk area where family are and also north west/wales coast beaches i was wondering if a sonik bass or a greys platinum would work for me as i have a rod budget of around £100 any advice very welcome:huh:

·
Doggystyles
5,037 Posts
hi im just coming back to beach fishing after a long time away and could use some advice on rods, i have a bad shoulder so i can only overhead cast so need something easy to use ill mainly be fishing norfolk area where family are and also north west/wales coast beaches i was wondering if a sonik bass or a greys platinum would work for me as i have a rod budget of around £100 any advice very welcome:huh:
if you can only overhead thump it then a long rod would be best, somewhere around the 15-16' range to get the baits out there. im not to clued up on long light rods so i'll leave that to someone else to advise

·
Registered
332 Posts
yea good 14ft will do well ive always used 12ft rods for beach and a 10ft for pier fishing it all depends on what fish your aiming to catch. bass you aint go to cast out to far if your after a reel i would say a abu6500

1 - 4 of 4 Posts