World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all.
I managed to snap yet another rod yesterday... First cast of the evening too...
I spent the rest of the evening taking pictures of the Milky Way to the sound of bass and mullet hitting the surface 5 yards in front of me GRRR.
Anyway, I was after abit of advice, please.
Looking for a new lure rod around £150.
I sometimes fish rougher ground for wrasse with a 10-28g FBM but most of my fishing is on the Solent, so 12-28g lures, heddon one knocker spook/feed shallow/ima komomo/shoreline shiner sorta thing.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
595 Posts
I recently picked up a hto nebula and i can't fault it. It really is a lovely rod and the price is exceptional for how it feels and fishes. There's also a wide range of casting weights to choose from. My gut is to go for a 7-30 or the 7-35 versions but i always go for this weight bracket :rolleyes: so might be best to make you own assessment.

Reactions: DJDBazzer

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I recently picked up a hto nebula and i can't fault it. It really is a lovely rod and the price is exceptional for how it feels and fishes. There's also a wide range of casting weights to choose from. My gut is to go for a 7-30 or the 7-35 versions but i always go for this weight bracket :rolleyes: so might be best to make you own assessment.
The Nebula 90M is exceptional (I'd say best under 200 quid rod around...if you can find one)

I've got 2 :stirpot:
Awesome, thanks alot!
I will have a look over the weekend.

·
Registered
818 Posts
(in case you can't find one anywhere ....I'd sell the brand new stickered up one... (7-35g) ...as I'm thinking of buying the Shimano Exsence Infinity ...I'm a tackle tart lol )

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Morning all.
I managed to snap yet another rod yesterday... First cast of the evening too...
I spent the rest of the evening taking pictures of the Milky Way to the sound of bass and mullet hitting the surface 5 yards in front of me GRRR.
Anyway, I was after abit of advice, please.
Looking for a new lure rod around £150.
I sometimes fish rougher ground for wrasse with a 10-28g FBM but most of my fishing is on the Solent, so 12-28g lures, heddon one knocker spook/feed shallow/ima komomo/shoreline shiner sorta thing.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
762 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts