World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any one have any thoughts about mustads velocity or power multiplier beachcaster rods ? i am looking for a new rod and these fit the bill pricewise. thanks. :) :)

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Hi Mate, welcome to WSF.

Cant say I`ve used those particular rods myself, but hang tight and I`m sure someone will get back to you.

Al the best,
Terry F. :)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi tdss,

Welcome to the Forum,

I am a charter man myself, however someone will come along soon and give you an opinion. If you have done your homework and decided that these rods suit your needs, then "go for it", don't waste time sitting about when you can be enjoying yourself fishing.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi tdss,
Regarding your question about the Mustad rods, i do indeed own and use a Mustad Viking extreme velocity 129 multiplier rod. I purchased it some time ago when they first appeared on the market, to be perfectly honest i bought the rod "blind" on the strength of a very favourable review in on of the popular monthly magazines. This rod is superb, fairly stiffish and can cast a good 6oz and more, the tip does'nt bounce about in the tide and wind either,it's also a good looking bit of kit which comes with a reducer, coasters,and a custom made rod bag. I'm suprised that i haven't seen more on the beaches to be honest. The rod can be at home on the beach but is certainly more than capable to fish the rough stuff.
When i bought the rod it was on offer @ £149.99!!! now i believe available @ less than a ton, in my opinion a very underrated rod. I would certainly recommend this rod and for less than £100.00 you'd have a job to find anything to rival it in it's price range. Although this is the top of the range Mustad rod, a 126 version is also available but i understand this is a slightly toned down version of the 129.
Hope this has been of some assistance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the advice lads and to denzle for his honest opinion of the rods.i shall check the angling monthlys for the best price. :)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
i got the power version after that very same review.

at first the rod feels top heavy but once on the beach with a reel strapped on it casts o.k.
not going to break any records but not going to rip you're arms off either.
paid under £80 for mine so great value for money.

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
hi, i use abu stigmas, 12ft mulitiplier rods. excellent for casting, soft tip, great bite detection and good in all sea conditions. on the web you can pick these rods up for £75. normally retail at about £100. it may not be what you want, but i would recommend them. good luck. matt :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Best advice I can give when looking for a new rod, is to get down ur local tackle shop, give em a waggle if it feels good, go for it! you cant rely too much on the magazines opinions, cos thats all they are is opinions.

·
Registered
248 Posts
In the ideal world the best test of a rods ability is to cast it and hopefully catch a fish on it to see how it reacts to both situations. Unfortunately the rods which are often reviewed in sea fishing magazines are not always available locally and thus need to be ordered via mail order. Some companys will accept returns but restocking fees will be incurred, other companies will not accept returns unless the item is damaged or not suitable for what it was designed for. I myself am guilty of buying some rods "blind".
Feedback from forum members also counts a lot when considering a new rod purchase, and some times you might bump into a friendly angler who will let you loose on a rod that has caught your eye.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts