World Sea Fishing Forums banner

rod advice

484 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  anubis68 
#1 ·
looking to invest in a new rod when i have saved the funds can anyone give me some advice on the choice out of these few

Tip Tornado Sport

Tip tornado Super Match

Zziplex V- Max F1

#3 ·
and it might help us if you let us know why you restricted the models to these 3 (e.g. you might say like Century & Zziplex, plus I'm looking for "tippy" action / bite-indication is very important)

At least it would stop us suggesting Conoflex, Daiwa, Shimano and other fairly-similar models instead of just answering your question.

-----hope this doesn't 'sound' rude - I mean well, honestly! -------

#4 ·
at the moment it will be used for mostly flaties and the odd bass when i catch one that is but some of the marks are a bit snaggy and planning to do a few trips away when i get my license so really needs to be an all rounder and to be honest the reason i have choose those is i have always wanted a decent rod but never had the funds but any other suggestions are great fully welcomed

#5 ·
Thanks - understood. Could be PhiltheRod or StanMassey will enjoy chipping in on this one.

Meanwhile, is there any particular length you like (and do you prefer reel 'up, 'down' or 'either on the same rod' - depending on circumstances) ?

For the bass does it need to be light enough to hold all day (but still, of course, able to handle 'bit snaggy' ground) ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.