World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

can someone give me a wee bit advise on a rod . probably wont see rod until its delivered so advise would be much appreciated.

im after a rod thats not too flimsy as i will probably stand on it at some point lol. :) :blink:
but seriously im hoping it will be good too cast a good distance if required for lure fishing for pollack, possibly bass fishing, and a lighter rod for mackerel fishing.
but hopefully strong enough too pull a few mackerel in at a time and up a sea wall.

as ive tried spinning with my beachcaster for hours lol and my arms knew about it big time :)

ive seen in a mag the conoflex cfx rod, which i was thinking about getting ,any views on this rod ?
or another , i dont mind which brand name as long as its a half decent rod.

cheers.

hoping too get one next week .

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
hi,

can someone give me a wee bit advise on a rod . probably wont see rod until its delivered so advise would be much appreciated.

im after a rod thats not too flimsy as i will probably stand on it at some point lol. :) :blink:
but seriously im hoping it will be good too cast a good distance if required for lure fishing for pollack, possibly bass fishing, and a lighter rod for mackerel fishing.
but hopefully strong enough too pull a few mackerel in at a time and up a sea wall.

as ive tried spinning with my beachcaster for hours lol and my arms knew about it big time :)

ive seen in a mag the conoflex cfx rod, which i was thinking about getting ,any views on this rod ?
or another , i dont mind which brand name as long as its a half decent rod.

cheers.

hoping too get one next week .
Sounds like you need a greys BZE either version. At least if you stand on it you can get it replaced. I use the 3-5 oz and I prefer it to a flattie fanatic.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
If you want a cheaper rod get a Shakespeare Odessa Bass or Flattie if you can. i heard that the new Shakey Salt bass is a good rod aswell for little money. If you can afford it there is the Century Tip Tornado lite or the Conoflex Falttie Fanaatic Mk2. i use the TT lite and the Odessa for all my light surf fishing, bassing, flounders, float, sandeel, jellyworming and heavy spinning work and they both do the task well. You pay your money, you take your choice.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like you need a greys BZE either version. At least if you stand on it you can get it replaced. I use the 3-5 oz and I prefer it to a flattie fanatic.
aye , the lifetime warranty :) sounds good .

Shakey Salt bass ,the Century Tip Tornado lite or the Conoflex Falttie Fanaatic Mk2
cheers i will try find some info on them.

another i seen while looking at the cfx site was the conoflex assassin, that may be more suited too the lures etc ?

damm why is there so many rods lol.. make 1 or 2 and its an easy decision lol.

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
i got x2 shakespear bass powerplay im going to be takin one of them boat fishing for pollack it cast's 2-4 oz cost me £48 from local tackle shop normally £60
i used it other day flattie bashin

tho i have just purchased x2 abu 6500 reel off good ol ebay £25 each

or try here

http://www.spottydogtackle.com/

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Out of interest what were you thinking of spending?
I have a few Daiwa, Nash and Shimano carp rods from 1.75lb to 3lb test curve which i use for spinning and wrassing from the rocks. A carp rod might suit the style of fishing you want. My friend landed a 9lb12oz shore caught pollack on a Nash Hooligun carp rod and an Okuma Baitrunner. He uses it for carp, pike, light beach, estuary and float fishing too.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Out of interest what were you thinking of spending?
I have a few Daiwa, Nash and Shimano carp rods from 1.75lb to 3lb test curve which i use for spinning and wrassing from the rocks. A carp rod might suit the style of fishing you want. My friend landed a 9lb12oz shore caught pollack on a Nash Hooligun carp rod and an Okuma Baitrunner. He uses it for carp, pike, light beach, estuary and float fishing too.

you got PM m8.
hopefully spend aboot twa-bob :)

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
you got PM m8.
hopefully spend aboot twa-bob :)
Well wouldnt want to lighten the sporran too much aye ? PMSL

Been trying out the Penn 11.6ft Bass Powerstix which is ace for light work and flattys as well as spinning, cant wait to drag them macky out kicking and screaming ! LOL

I do use a lot of course rods as well, pike, carp & spin from 2.5lb to 3.5lb test curve, wouldnt leave home without em !

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
As i said before you might actually be better off with two cheaper rod set ups. Why have one rod when you can have two?!!! Seriously though they are two different styles of fishing best covered by two slightly different setups.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol brilliant reply . :)
Well wouldnt want to lighten the sporran too much aye ? PMSL

As i said before you might actually be better off with two cheaper rod set ups. Why have one rod when you can have two?!!! Seriously though they are two different styles of fishing best covered by two slightly different setups.
good advise, i may stick with a descent lure rod setup , this will be the main reason for getting another rod.
its helped me narrow down which rod too buy, thanks.

Andy.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Which rod are going for Andy?

You could get the Odessa and a good carp rod for that kind of money, plus an abu 6000 or a Daiwa 7HT aswell!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts