World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been fishing for about a year with cheap fixed spool set up and think its time to upgrade to a better rod and a multiplier. It will be my first multiplier but id rather not by cheap only to upgrade once i can use it properly. Is this sensible? I was thinking of getting the Greys GRX S but im unsure what reel would be suitable, Please help any advice is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Look at the deal the G.A.C. have on at the moment. They offer the Greys GRX-s multi rod with a Penn 525 mag xtra, a Daiwa 7HT, a Daiwa SL20SH or an Abu 7000 reel for £150. Personally i would go for the Penn 525 and the GRX-s. I have the GRX-s as a second rod, and really recommend it. Just wish that offer was available when i purchased mine. If you search threads for the Greys GRX i am sure you will find many people singing its praises.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yep great rod and im gonna get either a new mag elite or a 525 extra to go with mine i would say yes mate it is best to by a decent multiplier to start with expect to lose line though.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Abu Mag elite, lovely bit of kit.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Good choice of rod but it depends what sort of ground you're fishing over - clean ground a 7ht, clean/mixed ground a 525 mag

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would be fishing mixed ground mainly, no really rough ground at all. COuld someone please tell me what the G.A.C. is because im 2 much of a novice to know, but that is a super deal. Cheers for replying

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Look at the deal the G.A.C. have on at the moment. They offer the Greys GRX-s multi rod with a Penn 525 mag xtra, a Daiwa 7HT, a Daiwa SL20SH or an Abu 7000 reel for £150. .
I cant find the offer that Bass-ic Instinct mentions could some1 please give me directions to it if its not to much trouble. Cheers Vaughan for replying to previous question.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Its in there brochure which came in this months BFM magazine, and with last moths Sea Angler, i know as i have them. It was on there website too until about last week as i look on a few websites regularly to see if there are any good offers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts