World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a new rod and reel. Mostly fishing clean and mixed beaches.

I've not used a multiplyer for years (last multi was a seastreak ...... shows how old I am!!:)) so could do with some advice.

Harrissportsmail have a sale on at the moment and I'm thinking of the following:

Greys GRX-S @£75.00

and either

Abu Ambassadeur 6500 C3 Sports Mag @£85.00

or

Abu Ambassadeur Mag Elite 6500 @£80.00

Your thoughts and advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Good rod for the money, plenty of users of the site and loads of info available about the rod using the SEARCH facility. I can't really advise about the reels as I'm a 525 / 7ht user myself, but either should be ok. It's down to personal choice at the end of the day.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Your buying the abu's now being replaced with a far superior model hence the price they selling at old stock, for £30 more you can can a new mag elite what a reel pm bob c he has just bought the 6500 hi speed for £120 and loves it. I am myself gonna have the new premium version as it is that nice and i am a big penn reel fan got 4 of them, Wouldn't have touched the old abu's thought they where s$%t.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
there does seem to be quality / strength issues with the abu's, my sportsmag was terrible, bits always breaking/falling off.
abu 6500's are much cheaper than the prices you've quoted, as already mentioned, range is being upgraded/replaced.

see here

Abu 6500 C3 CT Mag elite (green) SPECIAL SPECIAL OFFER - Gerry's Fishing

rod price is fantsatic -- snap it up at that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thats the same set up im getting, Iv got the Mag Elite and im well happy with it, gerrys are selling it for 69.99 so lookk there 1st. Havnt got the rod yet but will let you know what i think of it on tuesday when i get it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts