World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided on a spot of fishing today weather looked preety good, baits for the day were frozen blacks crab and squid. Think I should have stayed in the house every rig and weight I cast out lost to the rough, anyway after about an hour or so I was baiting my second rod when my other rod bent in half fish on ( so I thought) looked up and a poxy seagull tangled in my line had to cut the line so no line on reel. Not a sniff all day after my third soaking of the day decided to give up and head home.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
That's Newton for yah, it can either fish it's nards off or you can loose a pile of gear with NO bites. I've had some big eels down there this time of year on whiting or pouting at night, darkness the key.

·
BASSIN ASSASSIN
2,636 Posts
Decided on a spot of fishing today weather looked preety good, baits for the day were frozen blacks crab and squid. Think I should have stayed in the house every rig and weight I cast out lost to the rough, anyway after about an hour or so I was baiting my second rod when my other rod bent in half fish on ( so I thought) looked up and a poxy seagull tangled in my line had to cut the line so no line on reel. Not a sniff all day after my third soaking of the day decided to give up and head home.
Unlucky mate perhaps the seagull thought you like to try FLY fishing,

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've fished there constantly for the past year, and I don't think I've lost so much tackle the hooks kept on getting snagged.suppose I beat the blank catching the gull, roll on next time!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.