World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a little dilemma...

I have inherited a pair of 12' 6-8oz, Daiwa Moonraker Supremes, which i have been using for many years now, but they are looking tired with the rings starting to move and reel winches seizing now and again, etc.
Also they are rung for fixed spool use and my main reel of choice is soon to be 7HTs, as my sea fishing is becoming more and more my chosen sport.

I am wondering and seeking some advice as to whether it'd be best to get the Moonrakers stripped and rebuilt to suit, or spend on some new rods?

I was thinking of some Sandstorms or Supercasts or something like that, but wondered at what level the Moonraker came in at? Was it a budget rod or something more classy, and would i just be buying a similar rod to what i've got?

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
moonrakers in there many variations over the years have been middle of the road rods.

the will handle most situations but are more of a general purpose rod.

there will be loads out there who happily use them every session.

personally i,d weigh up the cost of a total re build against what they are worth to you. [sentimental etc]

it could be a good time to leave them and move on to newer models, obviously at a cost.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts