World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im after a rod specifically for sole fishing in the mersey. Ive had a few sole this year already but i find standard beachcasting gears a bit on the heavy side.
Im looking for a rod with excellent bite indication for largely 'over the wall' tactics but with a fairly powerful butt section that can handle at least 5 oz of lead - this is a must.

Ive got my eye on either a conoflex source estuary match or century tip tornado light, if anyone has got any experiance of these rods could you let me know how you rate them.

Originally i was thinking of a conoflex flattie fanatic or a ppt pit viper - but i think these are both a bit on the light side.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Source Estuary Match is the way to go. Mine has a set of Zircon carbide rings, and has been seen by many on this site, unbeknown to them, as this is the "rod with no name" that I have used for the last 5 years to demonstrate casting methods at the NEC "Go Fishing" Show. Casts well and has amazing sensitivity.
You do realise that having revealed its identity, I am going to have to find something else to use next year!
Answers on a postcard please!!!

philtherod

1 - 2 of 2 Posts