World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of a rod holdall for my sea rods, I now have 5 beachcasters and as the kids want to come fishing I may as well take em all with me but I need a holdall that will take em all. Ive looked at the Shaky Salt available thru the site and it looks good but says it will take 4, theres another shaky out there, the salt navigator holdall anyone know where I can get one or if there is another budget sea rod holdall with the same capacity?

Atm Im using a course one that rolls up but the top foot of the rods peek out and I think thats how the tip ring got broke (before I got it) so as its close to Fishmas can anyone suggest a decent(cheap) holdall.

:wiggle:

sorry admin can you delete my other thread about holdalls please, cheers.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've got the Mustad holdall - cant fault it. Easily holds 6 rods, a golf brolly and a rod rest straps onto the outside.

Allan

G

·
my missus is getting me a new one for crimbo try the imax that carries eight rods,i dont need one for that reason but i want it to carry my rods shelter and tripod so it should serve me well

well thats if i behave from now to crimbo

jay

·
Registered
377 Posts
G

·
Yep that's the one.

That all depends on how many rods you have in it I guess.
the pic doesnt really show its worth but i could be wrong,i looked at everything available before i decided what i want,
it seems a little slim for my needs but everyone wants something different for there own purpose,might be ok for two rods and reels but i like the extra space in the 8 rod imax as i allways carry everything every time (uk weather lol)

jay

·
Registered
380 Posts
Iv got the Imax competition rod holdall. Can't fault it at all and it's had some proper abuse as well... still looks brand new. After every trip it goes in the washing machine to get rid off all the salt, keeps the rods fit and healthy!

·
Banned
5,324 Posts
my missus is getting me a new one for crimbo try the imax that carries eight rods,i dont need one for that reason but i want it to carry my rods shelter and tripod so it should serve me well

well thats if i behave from now to crimbo

jay

The IMAX competition is a good holdall it will hold 4 rods tripod and shelter, but its a real bitch as its so unbalanced. IMHO tbe strap needs to be placed another 6 inches up, as where it is now its very unbalanced.

But cut them stupid straps out from inside it or it makes sliding rods in a royal pain in the arse.
Other than that its pretty good.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I use the Salt holdall & for a real session it manages the following; 5 x 2pc rods inside, 1 x Salt tripod (inc. extended front leg tubes & extended rear leg), 1 x Sand spike, 1 x RT shelter ( strapped outside). All I really need is a caddy to carry it, but Memsahib hasn't really adapted to that role..

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Id decided on the Maver but now reading the last two Im not sure again lol. Anyone compared the two against each other and which one was best?

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
Id decided on the Maver but now reading the last two Im not sure again lol. Anyone compared the two against each other and which one was best?
I don't know anything about the Maver but personally I would avoid the Salt, I've only had mine about a year and I'm beginning to think it's called Salt because it dissolves in water! :nonono: It's rapidly falling to pieces before my very eyes each time I use it :bye2:.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts