World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been looking for some new rod holders for the boat, previously on my other boats I used the Scvotty striker holders but they have now gone up to £53.00 each, I was wondering if their power lock were as good.
any others that can be recommended? the power lock are only £23.00 looking for side or deck mounting.

Cheer's
Bill.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I bought couple of these a year ago. Good quality, after a year of using, no rust at all. It comes with A4 stainless steel bolts.

·
Registered
12,375 Posts
Another vote for the Stainless Steel clamp on rail mounting holders, I've got four of these on my boat and after 4 years I can't fault them. (y)

I've always been dubious about the plastic type holders having had one snap when a Tope decided to have a run, I won't ever put them on my boat again. (n)

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts

·
Registered
12,375 Posts
My one that broke was a Berkley rod holder, my mate also had one snap off, not sure what his was, but if it's plastic a decent sized fish can break it, so I'm not fitting anything plastic to my boat again and apart from being far more robust, stainless steel doesn't break. (y)

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
If you had a decent fish finder I hear the blokes tell you'll need only 1!

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
My one that broke was a Berkley rod holder, my mate also had one snap off, not sure what his was, but if it's plastic a decent sized fish can break it, so I'm not fitting anything plastic to my boat again and apart from being far more robust, stainless steel doesn't break. (y)
You tied a simple line on tho to clip and unclip ?

·
Registered
12,375 Posts
What's going to stop a fish like a Tope or big Smoothound pulling the rod right out of the stainless rod holder? there's nothing to hold the rod in.
The rod is at an angle to the rod holder, so the fish can pull as hard as it likes but the rod isn't going anywhere, unless of course the rod breaks, or it's a plastic rod holder :eek: :eek:

Water Water resources Bird Lake Liquid

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had plastic rod holders about 6 years ago, and a brand new rod😫.
I now have stainless steel, ( £19 bay of plenty type) 6 years old and good as new. I’m sure you can get decent plastic ones, never again for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts