World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just Been over and had a look at fleabay and I can't believe the prices people will pay for a rod a Daiwa tdpk 13 ft a whopping £99 u could buy a new rod for that must be a dam good rod or there's some people who will pay over the odds for a rod. best I get my tdpk 13 ft out and give it the respect it deserves now it worth some money,it's a good rod but not worth £99 pounds

·
Registered
845 Posts
Since ebay got better well known over the years i have noticed the used prices of fishing rods steadily climb to stupid money. A few years ago you would pay £5 for a crap rod now it's £15/20. Years ago it was cheaper buying from there but now you may as well buy from your local shop. Some seem to think because it's on a auction site they must be getting a better deal. If you go to what i call a proper auction sale you can still pick up some good rods and reels for under £10.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Since ebay got better well known over the years i have noticed the used prices of fishing rods steadily climb to stupid money. A few years ago you would pay £5 for a crap rod now it's £15/20. Years ago it was cheaper buying from there but now you may as well buy from your local shop. Some seem to think because it's on a auction site they must be getting a better deal. If you go to what i call a proper auction sale you can still pick up some good rods and reels for under £10.
To be honest for new stuff the cheap bit has always been a non-starter ..... ebay is damned expensive to sell on quite frankly .... and from a seller's point of veiw their rules are a pain in the butt!
I've had some good bargains from Ebay so not complaining, just look around before you bid then you know if it's a good deal or not,
Ditto .... if you can be on it during the day or have time to search out things in the wrong category particularly.

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
I've had some good bargains from Ebay so not complaining, just look around before you bid then you know if it's a good deal or not,
Same here I've had some very good bargains from eBay, hooks-weights etc I've only once bought a rod from eBay and will never again,

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree with Russell on the cost of eBay once u take out all Your costs it becomes very expensive to sell, I've bought two rods of eBay both that I could look at before buying other wise it's a no to buying rods blind. eBay is a buyer market if u have the time to research and look for the bargains

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Hi,
A few weeks ago I brought a century Excalibur j curve BRAND NEW from a eBay shop I paid £370 and got next day delivery at no extra cost, that is £67 cheaper than I could get anywhere else in the country..
so there are some good deals out there but being a more expensive model I suspect there is more profit in it than a cheaper model ....

Rich

1 - 11 of 11 Posts