World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone no if diawa still do rod rebuilds and at what price or anyone recommend someone for a full rebuild inc new rings and i may require the spigot to be replaced or built up any help would be great

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Good post.

At the end of this year I'll need to make my mind up whether to have my TDXS 129PM rebuilt or buy a new one. I love the rod so would be tempted by a rebuild.

The feet of the rings are corroding nicely under the build and the spigot has had sand on it which has caused heavy wear.

A price for a rebuild would also interest me.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replys i no that daiwa do a rebuild service incluing stripping the lacquer off and replcing the spigot the whole hog really i cant find any info on here about it though or on google thanxs cascars i will contact neil and see what he says. Mike i will ring diawa on monday and if i here anything i will forward the details here or pm you with them

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
aparentyl daiwa no longer do re-builds a freind told me as i wanted my AWT's doing

might have to give them a bell and find out the score

·
Banned
3,440 Posts
I recently had an old abu elite re rung, by a guy that Alexander angling in southend on sea use .
He only charged me £30 and even put a new pair of coasters on for me.
I am not sure what rings he used, but for that sort of money I thought it was great, the finnish was good and the rod is now again like new.
JonC

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
have just spoken to diawa they offer to replace the eyes and whip on the new ones in origional colours for 30 plus postage but that is all they will offer, no re laquer or anything else for that matter i have just had an email from stan m he is able to do the works on the rod in any colour of my choosing including all the other bits that you might require having done having seen the work done by Stan i know this is going to be my option.. but like i say diawa will redoo the rings for origional spec for 30

·
Registered
330 Posts
why not have a go your self if the guides are fuji it will say on them all so the size.
if there fuji its probably grime and not rust.
I've just put new guides on a new rod fuji svsg £56. just cut the whipping of one side of the ring clean with toothbrush and put new whipping on do the same on the other side. it gives a sense of pride if you make a balls of it get it done by a pro.
whipping is called guidebrod £4 or so a 100 yard spools.
varnish its not called or is in fact varnish its rod build gibbs is the best if you can get it then there's flexicoat its OK but gibbs is or was the best.
the spigot graphite spray inside and out let dry hope this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts