World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Rod rebuilds

2K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  roboooo 
#1 ·
Guys does anyone any decent rod builders or anyone that can restore my Century Tip Tornado to its former glory, I would be willing to post it so distance is not a problem.

#6 ·
Barry angling up on Park crescent will do it for you mate, try and get up there by the end of next week as the owner of the hop is off and jesus or sam will most likely do it for a bit cheaper

#8 ·
Don't know about keens - excellent shop and really helpfull guys though

Reg aspinals in barry seems to hold the crown for rod building in south wales.
been doing it 20+years and is well known in the trade, the standard of his whipping is excellent even other shops in south wales send there repairs to him. and probably most importantly he likes doing it and alot of his shops reputation is built on his rod building reputation.

may take him a couple of weeks though depending on how busy he is, but it will be a class job

john

G
#9 ·
Try contactin Stan Massey.
He is always on the forum as Stan M.

He IS Alba Rods which is his own brand, but he builds a lot of rods for Conoflex and also refurbs and repairs other rods to outstanding standards (better than new).
His prices are keen too.

If you posted in the tackle section, he'd probably spot this himself, but he is a top rod man, you won't find better.

#11 ·
tiesar tackle in llanharan ask for andrew been told that he is exelant he has learnt the job really well after two years of lessons he has become the master also the same owner owns a shop in newport, the address is bridgend road , llanharan ,near pontyclun , mid glam, dont know his phone no im sorry but it cant be hard to find with a name like that. keens is also very good indeed but sometimes there is a long waiting time.

#13 ·
Mate, waren is good i give him that as im sure are other's that have been recomended but think about this, Its a CENTURY rod yes, then ring CENTURY and ask them, this is what i did a good while ago and who did CENTURY tell me to use, REG ASPINAL ! ! im not lieing, ring them and ask them ! His work is absolutely outstanding, iv had a few rods done by him now including 2 kompressor s's custom whipped and thay are amazing so mate as i look at it if he is good enough for CENTURY then he is good enough for me.:clap:

#20 ·
Try contactin Stan Massey.
He is always on the forum as Stan M.

He IS Alba Rods which is his own brand, but he builds a lot of rods for Conoflex and also refurbs and repairs other rods to outstanding standards (better than new).
His prices are keen too.

If you posted in the tackle section, he'd probably spot this himself, but he is a top rod man, you won't find better.
That is spot on and his prices are keen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.