World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for best rods for use for pendalin casting looking to get a few more yards out there cheers

·
Registered
621 Posts
Very personal mate. Pendulum casting is technic and power depends also on your body and style. I can highly recommend the century CCCLD great rod and also the Zziplex Profile EVO great casting rod. also bit more expensive the Zziplex m4 GR great rod. But there are many of this range at the £200-£220 second hand that will do it. You need to research a bit
Good luck

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very personal mate. Pendulum casting is technic and power depends also on your body and style. I can highly recommend the century CCCLD great rod and also the Zziplex Profile eco great casting rod. But there are many of this range at the £200-£220 second hand that will do it. You need to research a bit
Good luck

·
Registered
621 Posts
And if you want to improve casting take some lessons. I can recommend Colin Olver from Castyourlead.com. He is from Bournemouth and also take lesssons in Chesil

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks just started fishing after about a ten year break and looking to upgrade my gear seems like pendalin cast is the way to go gear I've got now not man enough for the job lol

·
Registered
621 Posts
You should get yourself on some of the anglers groups on FB. Rods brands loads of them on Facebook second hand you can find good stuff there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Looking for best rods for use for pendalin casting looking to get a few more yards out there cheers
if your casting is like your spelling, best get down to bircham next sunday for the norfolk casting club tournament, not sure why chesil is being talked about if you are in norfolk, depending on your age, a 14-15ft fix spool rod can get the extra yards, if you cant make bircham next week, send them a message and see if they can put you onto a more local caster, and remember that lots of bad casters catch lots of fish

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Learn the cast before you spend the money. If you can't time the cast a powerful rod will cause you problems. Long euro rods and fixed spool can get more than enough distance to catch fish. Is it for fishing or field casting that you want the rod? Most of our beaches don't need distance unless it's flat calm and sunny. Personally I could never get the hang of field casting but on a beach with bait I could hit a good distance with accuracy and that's what mattered to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts