World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>I have a Faldden Maxximus 6 piece IM8 Beach Travel Rod that I purchased it (in June) from company via the internet who are not being that helpful at the moment....

Basically tip broke yesterday bringing in 3 mackerel (which was a shock with that little weight) It was only the second time i had used the rod and all of the people i was fishing with, some with 20+ years experience, all said that shouldn&#39;t have broken doing what it was

Has anyone had similair experiences with rods breaking like that - espically fladen rods.... (HONDY - i think you mentioned you had that issue with a telesopic fladen rod)

Basically the supplier said

"any rod will snap if you do not set the drag on the reel correctly, I use a 1.5lb test curve waggler rod for carp, no problem with anything upto 20lb, you just need to set your drag correctly.

all rods are only guaranteed against manufacturing faults, there are many ways to snap the tip of a rod so it is impossible to make a claim unless you can see an obvious fault."

Which i really don&#39;t think is to helpful...  
</font>

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Hi,

If you bought your rod from a company and not a private individual you have the same rights as if purchasing it from a high street retailer, i.e. the goods must be of merchantable quality and do the job for which they were purchased.

Return your rod (Recorded Delivery) with a letter of explanation informing them exactly what happened and ask for a replacement or that they forward it to Fladden for inspection, they should do this for you. In the meantime write to fladden informing them of your grievance, include the suppliers name and address. If the rod was new it should still be under warranty.

You might even wish to phone Fladden, dont give up without a fight, you have rights - use them. &nbsp;

Hope this helps

Drew</font>

·
Registered
39 Posts
<font color='#000000'>May fladen extender broke as you mentioned, I have read about another one on here before too, I bought from a local shop who let me exchange it. Only you will know that it was a defect by the way it snapped, it would be impossible to prove a flaw after it has already broken - i know mine was flawed because I was only feathering a 28g lure - not even a fish. If it can&#39;t handle that then it&#39;s not really "fit for purpose"&#33;

Look up the sales of goods act and quote them verbatim - you can always take it to the small claims court (and let them know this) where you will most likely win&#33;</font>

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
<font color='#000000'>if you have broke your rod in the everyday use it was intended for ,they are obliged to replace it

take it back to were it was bought and demand they do something about it.

if no joy, let trading standards know about it and tell the shop were u bought it you have informed TS, it ussually gets sorted very quickly

macky</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts