World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a bit of help. I have in the past used snap-on chemical lights on my rod tip but I have seen other chaps use these bright LED lights. I bought 4 off ebay but had real problems last night and managed to lose two lots of set-ups after the line snagged on them during cast. Surely your not supposed to unattach/reattach on every cast are you? Please can someone let me know which make/model is best to go for and some advice on how to attach the things would also be appreciated!! Many thanks.

G

·
tip lights are great for spotting bites but as discussed on here recently in other threads they can cause problems with the line catching during cast . I always check for snagged line before casting day or night but still u can get snap offs using these tip lights . I will persevere with them but it is a problem i dont like , as stated above , only option is reflective tape I will add u shouldnt have to take em off before every cast thats a pain

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Yep, the search function seems to be well under used. As has been mentioned get some reflective tip tape, then u eliminate the problem entirely, and just get a headlamp with long battery life (doesn't need to be powerful as mentioned as the tape is so bright)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks for this guys, will use the search next time, didnt think. I will use the tape option as I still got on just about ok using only my headtorch against the white tips in the end.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Yeah m8, mighty bright tape. But ur next post should be which headlight to use to see the tips off ur rods. If only zippy or century did headlights u'd get plenty of responses rather than being told to do a search. Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.