World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guyz..wondering which rod would best fit a saragosa 25000sw with 80 pound braid and mostly used for jigging..had the shimano trevala in mind..wht do you guyz think?

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Something short around 5.2ft and very parabolic. Lower cost jigging rods from Daiwa are good value as are some okuma rods. I use a jigging master 300g jig rod with one, which allows for full drag lock ( yes fully locked) and still be able to work the rod even by my 46kg daughter.

Because of the length of the reel seat stem, make sure you get a rod where the first guide isn't to close or small to the reel as this alters the angle of the line making it feel like some wrong with the reel on retrieve.

My 25000 has handled marlin to 300lb + without any issues.

_JDP3976.jpg
_JDP4180.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Something short around 5.2ft and very parabolic. Lower cost jigging rods from Daiwa are good value as are some okuma rods. I use a jigging master 300g jig rod with one, which allows for full drag lock ( yes fully locked) and still be able to work the rod even by my 46kg daughter.

Because of the length of the reel seat stem, make sure you get a rod where the first guide isn't to close or small to the reel as this alters the angle of the line making it feel like some wrong with the reel on retrieve.

My 25000 has handled marlin to 300lb + without any issues.

View attachment 1183559 View attachment 1183561
Thanks for the info buddy, will surely keep that in mind..im a shimano sort of fan so im looking for a shimano rod which can fit the Gosa 25000sw

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I mostly do deep sea fishing back home in the seychelles so we are looking at dog tooth and amberjacks..mybe some blackfin and Marlin..so a powerful jigging rod is a must

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
I mostly do deep sea fishing back home in the seychelles so we are looking at dog tooth and amberjacks..mybe some blackfin and Marlin..so a powerful jigging rod is a must
I had a jigrex mk2 ( Shimano) a few years back which was ball buster of a rod, would handle dogies ok. Trevalas are a little long for applying full powere on fish under the boat but they do double up as a good casting rod. I've got 3 trevalas which have handled very well over the years. It's hard to keep up with the amount of rods Shimano keep bringing to the market.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts