World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All!
Returned back from an empty handed return from a night/morning at Dungeness beach last week.
I have also decided i need new gear completly as mine is literally out the window on its way out.

I am a novice to which i have been reading many of your posts for weeks now.
My main fishing consists of fish off piers (Deal/Brighton etc) and i would like to buy a decent rod and reel for both me and my father, whom i am dragging along with me :)

1ST
I understand that from what people have posted on this lovely forum that i could potentially be happy with a bass rod, which can be used for beach fishing too? i understand however i may not be able to cast as far out as i would with a beachcaster (My technique please remember as a novice is not that great either)

So if anyone could please reccomend a rod/reel for this i would be great, budget being around £80-100 for rod and reel (Baring in mind i will need 2x sets) and yep i am looking second hand aswell!

So far in my list these are what i am considering from previous posts with people asking similar questions

Leeda Icon
Shakespear Agility

2ND
Now brings me to ask my second question of asking for recommendations on a lure rod i could potentially use to also fish off the pier and beach (Whilst my other rods will be on tripod waiting for a bite, i thought why not have some action with the lure rod whilst i wait)

If i could also please have a recommendation for a lure rod/reel again budget not being much, around £60 or so for rod and reel.

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
Hello All!
Returned back from an empty handed return from a night/morning at Dungeness beach last week.
I have also decided i need new gear completly as mine is literally out the window on its way out.

I am a novice to which i have been reading many of your posts for weeks now.
My main fishing consists of fish off piers (Deal/Brighton etc) and i would like to buy a decent rod and reel for both me and my father, whom i am dragging along with me :)

1ST
I understand that from what people have posted on this lovely forum that i could potentially be happy with a bass rod, which can be used for beach fishing too? i understand however i may not be able to cast as far out as i would with a beachcaster (My technique please remember as a novice is not that great either)

So if anyone could please reccomend a rod/reel for this i would be great, budget being around £80-100 for rod and reel (Baring in mind i will need 2x sets) and yep i am looking second hand aswell!

So far in my list these are what i am considering from previous posts with people asking similar questions

Leeda Icon
Shakespear Agility

2ND
Now brings me to ask my second question of asking for recommendations on a lure rod i could potentially use to also fish off the pier and beach (Whilst my other rods will be on tripod waiting for a bite, i thought why not have some action with the lure rod whilst i wait)

If i could also please have a recommendation for a lure rod/reel again budget not being much, around £60 or so for rod and reel.

Hi could help you out with some rods ones a TF Gear delta 14ft inc bag used a couple of times so mint(wanted 2nd but guy let us down)£50.
Pair of Imax FR pluses inc bags £140 the pair have ABU reel seats as originals are pants! the imax are quite a step up from those rods you list though!
lighter and thinner than icons plus rings don't break

What type of reels you after?

I'm in london also so you could have a look/try

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi could help you out with some rods ones a TF Gear delta 14ft inc bag used a couple of times so mint(wanted 2nd but guy let us down)£50.
Pair of Imax FR pluses inc bags £140 the pair have ABU reel seats as originals are pants! the imax are quite a step up from those rods you list though!
lighter and thinner than icons plus rings don't break

What type of reels you after?

I'm in london also so you could have a look/try
I am based in South East London
Ideally i would of liked 2 x bass rods for me and the pops, however i think maybe it would be a good idea to still have a beachcaster, to take to the odd days that we go to the beach instead of the pier.

How much better would you say the Imax FR is better then the Delta mate? would 14ft be a bit of an over kill for pier fishing?

As for the reels i would need one for lure fishing and then another for pier/beach
Some have recommend the SHIMANO AERLEX 7000/8000

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
I am based in South East London
Ideally i would of liked 2 x bass rods for me and the pops, however i think maybe it would be a good idea to still have a beachcaster, to take to the odd days that we go to the beach instead of the pier.

How much better would you say the Imax FR is better then the Delta mate? would 14ft be a bit of an over kill for pier fishing?

As for the reels i would need one for lure fishing and then another for pier/beach
Some have recommend the SHIMANO AERLEX 7000/8000

Why do you want bass rods?
Guy that used to fish with us on southend pier had an 16 or 18ft? Grauvell thing used it to great effect running gills under pier
Never got the hang of the short Ar8e pier rod thing myself? always used a Beachcaster or conti rod dependant on what looking for/using on end.
Dover Admiralty you need all the help you can get up there using rock rods with 8oz plus where as walton on naze 4.5.6oz medium rod.
Both those rods are good just slightly different i got the Delta new tried to get a 2nd but then imaxs came along as new so had a pair of them so delta sat on shelf.
The Imax match pluses are a lot for there money anyone will tell you that easy to get on with and hit respectable distances.
Ive some Aerlex 7 and 8000's which have had the bearing conversions done so a totally different reel nice and solid
Can meet up have a cast on thames?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why do you want bass rods?
Guy that used to fish with us on southend pier had an 16 or 18ft? Grauvell thing used it to great effect running gills under pier
Never got the hang of the short Ar8e pier rod thing myself? always used a Beachcaster or conti rod dependant on what looking for/using on end.
Dover Admiralty you need all the help you can get up there using rock rods with 8oz plus where as walton on naze 4.5.6oz medium rod.
Both those rods are good just slightly different i got the Delta new tried to get a 2nd but then imaxs came along as new so had a pair of them so delta sat on shelf.
The Imax match pluses are a lot for there money anyone will tell you that easy to get on with and hit respectable distances.
Ive some Aerlex 7 and 8000's which have had the bearing conversions done so a totally different reel nice and solid
Can meet up have a cast on thames?
The deal pier was quite far out, like my current rods are 13ft and kill the hell out my arm, but then again their cheap rods.

Il send you a pm with my number mate

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
The deal pier was quite far out, like my current rods are 13ft and kill the hell out my arm, but then again their cheap rods.

Il send you a pm with my number mate

you'll find often as go up in quality thinner and lighter yet stiffer/more responsive

1 - 9 of 9 Posts