World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
There are 2 rods that I've read about and seen in action that are perfect for rough ground. They are both kinda expensive so it depends on how much you are willing to spend. I'm thinking about both of them when I get my next upgrade.

Conoflex - Nemesis Plus

'the Nemesis Plus is a highly recognised fishing rod especially on the rugged coastline. This new version is a good over head caster, great bite detection and able to bully through the kelp. Still all this but lighter in weight and easier on you. Also rung up with Fuji BNHG's for up or down the rod fishing. 13ft will chuck 6-8oz plus a large bait'

I have seen somebody fight a decent sized Cod through kelp and they are right what they say about it. (Also used by Mr Gilbey!)

Greys Apollo M2

'The Greys Apollo M2 is one of the best known rods on the market, 13'' of power with a tip that won''t fold up on you.'

This is a beast of a Rod and probably my favourite. I know a couple folk who use them and they cant recommend them highly enough.

Hope this might help..

I would tie these in with either a Daiwa Sl30sh or an SHV, this would be my ideal combo for rough ground.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Got to agree with Scirrocco,but if you are on a tighter budget,have a look at the R.T Axcellerator.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I fish the rough ground around the north east such as Craster,newton,beadnell,Howick and i use a Ron thompson axcellarator i find this a very good rod for pulling out of snags,and bullying through the kelp it handles a six ounce weight plus big bait with ease,and it only cost around the £100 mark. :D :D

·
Registered
651 Posts
Century CM and CME are well worth a look,a lot of the adverts in Sea angler mag are offering interest free cheque or card spread over 6 or 9 months :) always nice to soften the blow :D

I have a CM myself and its used at the Bristol channel,Chesil,Portland ,local ray hunting and hounds from the solent ...........always been very happy with the performance of the rod ,its worth trying one out if you can,see if someone on the beach will let you have a cast with one ;)

G

·
DBY said:
Century CM and CME are well worth a look,a lot of the adverts in Sea angler mag are offering interest free cheque or card spread over 6 or 9 months :) always nice to soften the blow :D

I have a CM myself and its used at the Bristol channel,Chesil,Portland ,local ray hunting and hounds from the solent ...........always been very happy with the performance of the rod ,its worth trying one out if you can,see if someone on the beach will let you have a cast with one ;)
I own a CM I used to own the CME, one stiff rod, if you get the timing on your cast, ouch!

Both good rods!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts