World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
century tip tornado sport. greys apollo mk3. 2 penn fathon 15 reels. 1 penn battle with braid. daiw
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
arrived around 9.45am set up big rod with clip down rig ,bait for the day rag mackie squid
LRF rod down the side. first bite was on the LRF rod a nice fat rockling on small piece of mackie .
second rod landed a dab nowt else rest of session :(
around 11am the mckie bashesr started to turn up so had a few more casts to use up the bait then called it a day 12.45pm

Attachments

·
Registered
12,076 Posts
I know its not in your area But ....... Hartlepool Lure and LRF ...... on facebook could be of some interest to you. We are a canny bunch of lads with lots of local lrf stuff on there.
Im suprised you not pcking up lots of coalies now on the lrf gear

·
Registered
century tip tornado sport. greys apollo mk3. 2 penn fathon 15 reels. 1 penn battle with braid. daiw
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I know its not in your area But ....... Hartlepool Lure and LRF ...... on facebook could be of some interest to you. We are a canny bunch of lads with lots of local lrf stuff on there.
Im suprised you not pcking up lots of coalies now on the lrf gear
thanks for the info but I am not on face book m8, the last twice I have fished roker pier there has been very little in the way of any mini species down the side of the pier wall
today I was the only one that landed anything the short time I was there, apart from two coalies pulled in on the drum end
there seems to be a big problem with any type of fishing on roker at the moment total nowt

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had the float out at Roker the other evening absloutley nothing, Then switched to a lure....Nothing. Plenty trying mainly Chinese dudes but didn't see anything caught.
there where a few lads out later in the day tee shirts shorts and trainers with the feather going nowt at all.
did not see any chinese this time around

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You gave it your best attempt Dave,least its another species point for you.
(y).
REG over 3 years back I would to have a field day on roker pier with LRF rod drop down the side fish on.
my last few outings have been very poor not a thing on the LRF rod apart from fridays rockling.
at the moment the place is void of any mini species still one or two crabs but no coalies or any other species that tend to hunt around the pier walls
even the big seal is not there this year :unsure: , and the pod of dolpins dont show up as mutch as the used to as the tide pushes in.
the fish are just not there, not sure how the boat lads are doing out of sunderland there reports are few and far between.

·
Registered
430 Posts
REG over 3 years back I would to have a field day on roker pier with LRF rod drop down the side fish on.
my last few outings have been very poor not a thing on the LRF rod apart from fridays rockling.
at the moment the place is void of any mini species still one or two crabs but no coalies or any other species that tend to hunt around the pier walls
even the big seal is not there this year :unsure: , and the pod of dolpins dont show up as mutch as the used to as the tide pushes in.
the fish are just not there, not sure how the boat lads are doing out of sunderland there reports are few and far between.
The last 3 times I've been to blyth pier I've had noting in my pot I drop down the side, not even a crab which is really strange. Before this year I'd always at the very least get crabs, the occasional lobster and most of the time rockling but this year not even 1 crab. Doesn't even sound believable.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I fished blyth harbour a few weeks ago just along from the new flats on the wood jetty next RNLI.
big rod mid river two hook flapper small hooks, LRF rod down the side not a thing on any of the rods all session, got that sick packed up after 4 hours.:(
I used to take my grandsons there with there light rods to catch coalies down the side, had a few evening session on there always landed something even few crabs
just seems to be very little around:unsure:
I have tried most of the baits live and frozen still nothing.
I did think at one stage it was down to me fishing in the wrong place at the wrong time , but it looks like a few anglers having the same problem.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I fished blyth harbour a few weeks ago just along from the new flats on the wood jetty next RNLI.
big rod mid river two hook flapper small hooks, LRF rod down the side not a thing on any of the rods all session, got that sick packed up after 4 hours.:(
I used to take my grandsons there with there light rods to catch coalies down the side, had a few evening session on there always landed something even few crabs
just seems to be very little around:unsure:
I have tried most of the baits live and frozen still nothing.
I did think at one stage it was down to me fishing in the wrong place at the wrong time , but it looks like a few anglers having the same problem.
It defiantly isn't you doing anything wrong, your an experienced fisherman. I think it's to do with all this dead crab that appeared last year I think it was. It was only yesterday I seen it back on the news. I didn't get to listen to it fully as my gran way chatting away but it's obviously very concerning. It seems to be only affecting so many miles of our coast. Hopefully it's repairable.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
agree there seems to be some sort of cover up about the problem down on the tees,
the lads that depend on crabing and lobster fishing are going through a very bad time all the way down the coast.
when blyth power station was going they used to dump there shite out to sea , its the same on the tyne the shite tub going out three or 4 times a day dumping stuff out at sea.:mad:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
again it was on the news again about the dead crabs and lobsters washed up north east coast line.
seems to me there is some sort of cover up to why this has happened the, the goverment need to step in and help out the lads that there livelihood depends on the amount of crabs lobster they can land
some of the beaches are littered with dead crab and lobsters :cry:.
I understand its as far down as scarborough.

·
Registered
149 Posts
again it was on the news again about the dead crabs and lobsters washed up north east coast line.
seems to me there is some sort of cover up to why this has happened the, the goverment need to step in and help out the lads that there livelihood depends on the amount of crabs lobster they can land
the earth they digging out to make way for large container port extension was deemed to toxic contaminated to dump landfill so was taken away by dredger hence the crustacean kill off. cost to much money to admit liability. government more interested in the billions of pounds a free port will generate fishermen collateral damage

·
Registered
12,076 Posts
Our beaches arnt littered with dead crabs. Not long after it happened the tides cleared the beaches.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Our beaches arnt littered with dead crabs. Not long after it happened the tides cleared the beaches.
just going off the news reports possible old news :unsure:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Theres no crabs left to litter the beaches . They all dead and gone .

Theres not a single crab in the tees bay .
so thats your livelihood gone for you and other lads who do that type of job

1 - 20 of 49 Posts