World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
15,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well another day dawned fine and dandy as we slipped the moorings and headed east for another day's fishing in the lovely jubly Thames Estuary.We had a fair old run out this morning so with the boat on auto we settled back to some banter and a breakfast of Onion Bahjis and a nice spicy dip to dunk them in.
What awaited us today was one of those better days fishing when you dont have to move the boat from start to finish and the fish come steadily throughout the day.Nothing massive,biggest around the 10lb mark .Lots returned today and lots kept too.Roker wise the tally was 16 keepers between 6-10lb.As many returned again and along with a few whiting the day soon passed and we were on our way back again with a glorious sunset to welcome us back into the marina.Top bait today was Herring.A quick tidy up,de-wing of the catch and washdown and we are ready to get back out again real soon!

Ron

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
looks like another good day mate, well done!
i had a good day out on the dominator and feel that i might have to give up my F.A.R.T membership for releasing a 7lb 7oz bass :)
full report to follow

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Good report and nice pics Ron, yet another good day out proving that there is no lack of roker in this area. :)

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
What no rockling! you should have gone to Felixstowe with the rest of us idiots.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Excellent catch Ron, another nice calm day & good pic's.. Herring was our best bait for the Ray too but caught the codling mostly on Hermit crabs caught in our Pot we dropped down.
We stayed in close as forecast was giving strengthening NNE on Saturday.

Good forecast midweek if i can get the time off.

John.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Nice catch Ron, but I thought you were coming up to Felixstowe to hang a few of them on the Essex lads lines :unsure:

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
must agree mate. i hate seeing piles of dead fish laying on the deck. it also gives the anti's something to rant about.

And i want to keep an eye on this forum for a few weeks! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD!

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
looks like another good day mate, well done!
i had a good day out on the dominator and feel that i might have to give up my F.A.R.T membership for releasing a 7lb 7oz bass :)
full report to follow
Nice one pablo. Proper boat that "Dominator". But what I dont understand is why you let the bass go. Did you not have anything to use it as bait for? I mean, if you not going to fillet and release surely it would have been better used as bait, or perhaps compost in the garden or something.....

G

·
This thread is a catch report with pictures not a platform for those against seeing fish caught for the table. I will not allow it to be turned into a debate for and against keeping fish.
Any further posts that are likely to turn it that way will be removed

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Ditto to what Terry said. Sort it out!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts