World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok thing to do or not? Its a sea eagle 166, dory type hull. It turns out that not only did I buckle/bend my prop, but I have taken a few chunks out of my keel & chewed a few of my rollers. New rollers have been purchased and are being changed. The boat is on the floor in my back yard - off the trailer. I have access to old tyres / rubber sheets to turn the boat onto to enable me to repair the damage done by a few stones, but I was wondering there is an easy way to do it or is it just brute force? Everything has been stripped off ready.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
When I had a Seahog Hunter I too had the boat on its side whilst I carried repairs to the hull.

No great problems just make sure you have some "soft" old tyres and good props to hold the boat once you have rolled her over.

It helps to have a mate or two to assist as you roll it over to make sure nothing is pushing the windows in or anything else.

With the weather as it is I would make sure it is safely wedged so that it can't roll back onto any kids or animals as it would make a mess of both!

Dave
:thumbs:

·
Registered
14,635 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
I turned mine on here side in a field, a 17ft Wilson Flyer, done all the repairs i needed to do, then painted hull waited for her to dry then the hard bit was winding her back on trailer after, if you need a hand fella you no where i am,

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Andy, there should be five of us here on saturday to have a go. The boat is off the trailer at the mo so I can fit all new rollers again, should be easy going back on then. Don't think I will be launching off PE next year, gone very stoney, mumbles and oxwich I think!

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Which I use for bringing trees back when they are leaning the wrong way for felling, I dont remember the capacity of it but it will roll your boat as if it is a Dinky toy, however it will need somewhere/something to use to anchor it to (tree, post, tow hitch) you could then do it on your own. Put a strop right around it & a brace across from gunwhale to gunwhale connect the Turfor & work the winch handle back & forward & you will have a totally controlled rolling action, plus it can stay attached while you do the repairs to stop it falling, then change the handle over & let it down under total control. I have pulled trees of 2+cu mts back that have been leaning backwards with it. Give me a shout if you want it:thumbs:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Cheers Vic, I may well take you up on that. I shall have a look to see if I can "anchor" the winch somewhere solid.
There is a long wire rope with it so the anchor point can be a fair way away, if you can get a vehicle within 100ft we can use that as an anchor.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just added a few more rollers to my trailer, eight now instead of four. Going to seewhat the weather is like a week on Sunday, and most probably turn it then, as usual too busy this weekend - wife got stuff planned:yucky:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts