World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping to get some feedback on the difference between these two rods, I have cast the Axellerator and find it excellent for 150 grms and heavier but am interseted on how it comapres to the Excessor ?

If anyone has used the Excessor for either fishing or casting work I would appreciate your opinions.

regards
Jeremy

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
HI Jeremy, I have the "Excessor" and it's brilliant, got myself a Greys Mercury about 1 year ago but I'll never get rid of my Excessor I use it as my 2nd rod.
Sorry I don't know about the Axellerator.

I'd go for the Excessor if I was you. the price is about £120, but look round for a bargain, I got mine from Kieths in Saltburn for £70.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike ,

What type of fishing do you use the Excessor for and what weights do you throw with it?

At the moment I fish with the reel up the rod and cast down the rod for field work, which position do you cast ?

Thank you for the information.

Regards

Jeremy

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Hi bud, I use the reel up rod, cast 5oz, 6oz, & when needed 7oz, I fish clean and ruff (rocks) this rod has plenty of power and you can also cast "Pendilum" with it.

I use it for mainly cod banging. 7½lb cod reeled in with No Problems.
(See Pic).

Attachments

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Here is a photo of the Greys Mercury (top) & Excessor (below)
N.B. I had to buy the Reel Seats for both rods separately. (£16 each)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike ,

In regards to the excessor what sort of distance are you able to cast with it with only a sinker ?

Also have you compared it with any of the other name brand rods. Currently I have a Zziplex VMax F1 and was interested if you could draw any comparisons ?

I will be using the Excessor for field work as well as long range beach work down here in Australia.

thanking you for your assistance.

Jeremy

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Hi Jeremy,
"In regards to the excessor what sort of distance are you able to cast with it with only a sinker ?" for me about 120-150 yards.

"Also have you compared it with any of the other name brand rods. Currently I have a Zziplex VMax F1 and was interested if you could draw any comparisons ?"
I Have not seen a Ziplex..so I can't say.

"I will be using the Excessor for field work as well as long range beach work"
I'm not sure about field work ! are you entering casting competitions or just practicing casting ?, It might be ok for compos in someones hands but not in others !!!.
From what i know about ziplex rods i'd say they are far better at casting than a lot of "lower Priced Rods"

Maybe someone on here can answer this as well, so you can get more information.
Don't get me wrong but I love the excessor's action and will not get rid of it, it's a very good 2nd rod ( it was my main rod till i got the Greys Mercury ) but it's now in 2nd place.

T

·
0 Posts
I use a RT Axellerator for the very rough stuff, brilliant rod, for most of my fishing i use Century Carbon metal and G5 supersport, also a penn sidewinder evo 1 which I highly recommend.
Ron Thompson make suberb rods, so if your going to fish rough ground the 'axe' is the boy to go for.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tim ,

Thank you for your feedback , I to have used the Axcellerator and find it excellent. I have reached 204 meters with the rod casting 150 grm weights and will be using it also for 175 grm.

I agree with your opinion as a heavy duty fishing rod and will be using it for Mulloway and shark fishing of our beaches.

I am wanting information on the Excessor for primarily clean beach work and tournament casting.

Regards

Jeremy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts