World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody has or seen a skinny roof box /tube that I could fit my rod bag in , think it would have to be about 8ft long and lockable ' just fed up drying seats out and steamed up windows after a rainy session ? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Evening Salty, I don't have the exact answer to your question but how about the plastic tubes you see plumbers lock copper pipe away in on top of their vans? Maybe ask one next time you see one parked up.

Reactions: SALTY Tone

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
Just wondering if anybody has or seen a skinny roof box /tube that I could fit my rod bag in , think it would have to be about 8ft long and lockable ' just fed up drying seats out and steamed up windows after a rainy session ? :rolleyes:
What diameter would the tube need to be? If you look at Openreach vans, many have a *metal* tube with a lockable access at the front...It is also locked to the roof rack. I would guess these tubes are about 6" in diameter?

I'm not where you could source one of these, but I bet a little research on line would turn up something...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Evening Salty, I don't have the exact answer to your question but how about the plastic tubes you see plumbers lock copper pipe away in on top of their vans? Maybe ask one next time you see one parked up.

Good idea ' didn't think of them ones ,they are the square pointy nose ones be perfect " cheers

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Van vault I got one when I went to Ireland fitted tripod 2beachcasters fly rod spinning rod and umbrella just over 8ft long lock on each end about £90
Hi been on site do they need a 3 point roof rack as I only got a sml MPV thanks Tony .

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And the fixings are fully adjustable so I stuck quite a bit over bonnet so my tailgate would still open
Thanks lingy ' would I be able to fit a rod bag that takes say 2 rods and then a rest and maybe my igloo ' as that's the main reason when they are soaked cheers

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks lingy ' would I be able to fit a rod bag that takes say 2 rods and then a rest and maybe my igloo ' as that's the main reason when they are soaked cheers
Thanks for all advice and I found a slimline roof box on fleabay ' 7.2 long and fits my gear perfectly so that's that sorted no more salty seats ' well from rods anyway , :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.