World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Glad to have found your friendly site (I googled catching crabs !).

I'll be moving to Rosehearty next year, so I though I'd better start looking into the black art of Sea Fishing :blink:. I was suprised to see that Rosehearty appears to be a popular spot

I'm a coarse fisherman (truth be told - not a good one) so I've got a lot to learn about the art of coastal fishing. Hopefully one of you local guys will take us (the wife also likes fishing) under your wing when we arrive next year.

We're presently living in Northern France, and are lucky enough to have our own 2500m2 Carp pond. It hasn't been properly fished in years so it's a bit like shooting fish in a barrel.

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
welcome to the site catflem there are plenty of guys in the area who will be able to help you out when you eventually get here

G

·
Welcome to the forum just post in here when ready, sure someone will come and show you the local ropes so to speak.

·
Registered
59 Posts
WELCOME
anytime you want to come out just post a thread and i,ll give you and the missus a run out from Cairnbulg, (other side of Fraserburgh bay).
not a prob.
:boat::boat::boat:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
:crazy:Nice to have you on the forum Mr Catflem sir though you took a chance googling "Catching Crabs" as you could have ended up on the pox clinic website.:nonono:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Many thanks for the welcome guys - we'll certainly take you up on that offer Steve..........although you may want to withdraw it when you hear my accent :whistling

"Crabs', I Love em, but I've always had to buy them, so the chance to catch my own has got to be investigated. I'll have a lot of free time when I move to Scotland, so what better pastime is there than to while away a few hours in the open air with the bonus of the odd free meal thrown in, even if it's only going to be my dogs that are going to get fed.

Until I arrive, I'll lurke around the forum to pick up the odd tip or two, find out what sort of rods etc that I'm going to need, and like any other newbie I'll probably ask the occasional stupid question

ie do you need a permit to put a couple of crab pots out ?.

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
59 Posts
NO CATFLEM
u don,t need a licence for a couple of crab pots. only if you intend to sell them.
when you see the "black boy", (lobster) coming up in the creel its a great feeling.
WOT accent?>>>???
i,m a white settler myself with a very, very distinctive Geordie accent with a liitle bit of Brochinese chucked in as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

:fish::fishing1::fish::fishing1::boat::boat::boat:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great news about the pots, and an occasional lobster would be a real bonus.

As for the accent, I'm a Londoner :ph34r: but have moved about a bit over the years - Bristol, Wiltshire, Germany and France...........which has helped in getting rid of the "London" out of me, but I can't shake off the accent :eek:

·
Registered
715 Posts
:laugh:[am sure the brochers will be able to cure your accent in no time :laugh:[

As for the accent, I'm a Londoner :ph34r: but have moved about a bit over the years - Bristol, Wiltshire, Germany and France...........which has helped in getting rid of the "London" out of me, but I can't shake off the accent :eek:[/QUOTE]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts