World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be on Roseland Peninsula in a week or two and wondered if anyone knew of any half decent spots. Not too bothered about species, just want to get my son into it and have fun.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Hi bud and welcome to WSF.
I still remember the look on my lads face when he had his first fish and I wish the same joy to you.
I am sure someone will get some info to you soon,,and keep posting!
All the best,
Terry F.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Most spots have a few mackerel, pollack, wrasse, gar and schoolie bass, depending on the tide. The rocks and beach opposite Pendennis point are quite good, as is the beach at St Just Pool. If it is not too rough try Towan or Pendower beach. Best bait in the river is live prawns if you fancy a bit of rock pooling with a shrimp net first, otherwise peeler, or rag then frozen sand eel. You can also spin or try a rubber eel, particulatly at dusk.

For good daytime results, without needing to cast, just drop your line into any deep gulley off St Anthony, chances are you will pick up a wrasse - some are quite big, you can even kick limpets off the rock to use for bait if that is all you are trying for.

Depending on exactly where you are staying, your nearest bait shop is probably City Angler in Truro. To find, walk from the catherdral past JJB Sports towards TK Max. Opposite TK Max is a side alley, City Angler is up there on the right. The chap in there is very helpful and will know where is fishing well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts